Sprinter-Forum    
 

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Airstream > Sprinter Westfalia


 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2018, 09:30 PM   #41
Riptide
 
Riptide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 264
Thanks: 56
Thanked 69 Times in 39 Posts
Default Re: No turning back now

Nice writeup. At some point, I plan to also put in this unit...

Is this model plumbed in to your freshwater supply, or do you fill the water reservoir separately? (From the pictures, it looks like the latter option...)
Riptide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:26 PM   #42
Adolphus
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 54
Thanks: 10
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: No turning back now

The Thetford c402c cassette toilet model I bought has a built in separate reservoir which is filled independently from the main fresh water tank. I could have plumbed it from the main tank, but prefer it separate.
Adolphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 01:41 PM   #43
Adolphus
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 54
Thanks: 10
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: No turning back now

Bathroom complete and feels roomier. Shower pressure is just a drizzle, but adequate. Iím looking for a less yellow light and also plan on treating the sink bowl chemically to bring back the original white. Iím pleased with the increased toilet seat height with the added 1.5Ē base.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 24FC9433-8B23-492A-8424-0E10CB3632DC.jpg (89.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg D99909D7-F653-4C8E-9679-B8D5403F73C7.jpg (64.1 KB, 34 views)
Adolphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:22 AM   #44
Riptide
 
Riptide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 264
Thanks: 56
Thanked 69 Times in 39 Posts
Default Re: No turning back now

Looks great! The way Westfalia intended.
Riptide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:31 AM   #45
Adolphus
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 54
Thanks: 10
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: No turning back now

Thanks! Iíve located a set of shower heads that hopefully will provide a stronger stream (less nozzles and maybe less internal restriction) from iboats.com: Scandvik part number IB00288989
Adolphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:01 PM   #46
Pnwsquid
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 121
Thanks: 55
Thanked 31 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: No turning back now

Thank you so much for taking to time to share this. I'd argue one of the most consistent problems westy owners deal with are the A/C and Between the Eat,drink,men,woman blog (unbelievable information as well) and your post, it seems like the solution is becoming more streamline.

FYI, here is a picture of my Generator relocation method. I used a standard driver side spare tire carrier, upside down, cut the door side mounting bracket and welded a new one on to clear the door handle. The box is just a reinforced aluminum box, with boat hull covers to allow for ventilation intake and a 500CFM 110v fan for cooling. You would be blown away at how quiet this setup is. Hard wired into the input from the previous Onan genset.

If you use an easy start module a honda eu 2200i (new version of eu200) should easily be able to power a 13.5k or 15k btu AC. (https://www.microair.net/collections...nt=30176048267)

Last edited by Pnwsquid; Yesterday at 03:53 AM.
Pnwsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:09 PM   #47
Pnwsquid
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 121
Thanks: 55
Thanked 31 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: No turning back now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolphus View Post
Thanks! Iíve located a set of shower heads that hopefully will provide a stronger stream (less nozzles and maybe less internal restriction) from iboats.com: Scandvik part number IB00288989
I fitted a more powerful water pump that made a huge difference in pressure. the GPM might be higher, but we find we use the same amount of water as it doesn't take as long to "de-soap".
Pnwsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:20 PM   #48
Pnwsquid
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 121
Thanks: 55
Thanked 31 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: No turning back now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnwsquid View Post
Thank you so much for taking to time to share this. I'd argue one of the most consistent problems westy owners deal with are the A/C and Between the Eat,drink,men,woman blog (unbelievable information as well) and your post, it seems like the solution is becoming more streamline.

FYI, here is a picture of my Generator relocation method. I used a standard driver side spare tire carrier, upside down, cut the door side mounting bracket and welded a new one on to clear the door handle. The box is just a reinforced aluminum box, with boat hull covers to allow for ventilation intake and a 500CFM 110v fan for cooling. You would be blown away at how quiet this setup is. Hard wired into the input from the previous Onan genset.

If you use an easy start module a honda eu 2200i (new version of eu200) should easily be able to power a 13.5k or 15k btu AC. (https://www.microair.net/collections...nt=30176048267)
The video doesn't do it justice, but the generator is essentially inaudible at about 100 feet. Especially if you are in the woods.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mck...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by Pnwsquid; Yesterday at 03:55 AM.
Pnwsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:15 PM   #49
Adolphus
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 54
Thanks: 10
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: No turning back now

Thanks! Can you provide info on the water pump you chose? I tried to access your google links but the site says I need special permission.
Adolphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:58 AM   #50
Pnwsquid
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 121
Thanks: 55
Thanked 31 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: No turning back now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolphus View Post
Thanks! Can you provide info on the water pump you chose? I tried to access your google links but the site says I need special permission.
Should work now.

Here is the pump I used: http://a.co/d/26fJ2zF

The inlet hose from the van water system actually fits inside the pump output, miraculously, rather that over the outlet like the original pump.
Pnwsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pnwsquid For This Useful Post:
Adolphus (Yesterday)

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.