Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Dealer and Supplier List > Supplier Info, Reviews, and Experiences

Supplier Info, Reviews, and Experiences Got suppliers? List them here.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:17 PM   #1
dukepilot
Custom Spooling USA

Default CustomSpooling

I installed a CustomSpooling reflash ECU tune on my 2008 NCV3 Sprinter. Smoothed out power delivery, got rid of that off idle lag, improved fuel mileage and passing power. Customer support is excellent. If you're looking to enhance performance of your Sprinter, contact Aidan at CustomSpooling.

www.customspooling.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Custom...28517473846475
2008 144" NCV3 HiTop, 3.0 CRD OM642, Performance/Emissions Tune by CustomSpooling, Progressive Water/Methanol Injection, 3.92 Axle, Koni Shocks, 235/85-16 Cooper S/T Maxx Tires, Kicker Speakers/10" Sub Woofer/Boss 800 watt amp

If it causes trouble, delete it! If you want improved reliability, performance and economy, get a Customized Tune for your Sprinter! Contact peter@customspooling.com or go to www.customspooling.com and visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/customspoolingusa
dukepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dukepilot For This Useful Post:
BRANCALEONE (07-24-2011), Chandlerazman (07-13-2011), flman (07-14-2011), gary 32 (07-14-2011), piper1 (08-04-2011), qualityair (07-16-2011)
Old 08-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #2
dukepilot
Custom Spooling USA

Default Re: CustomSpooling

After running the new tune for awhile and providing CustomSpooling with some feedback, I recently received a revised tune to reflash into my ECU. While the initial tune was good, I would get an intermittent check engine light related to some residual issues related to removing my unicorn. CS dug deeper into the ECU maps and came up with the fix to eliminate this issue in the revised tune. I don't have enough miles on the new tune to report on fuel economy but I can say that the engine is still running smooth and the extra power gained from the original tune is still there.
2008 144" NCV3 HiTop, 3.0 CRD OM642, Performance/Emissions Tune by CustomSpooling, Progressive Water/Methanol Injection, 3.92 Axle, Koni Shocks, 235/85-16 Cooper S/T Maxx Tires, Kicker Speakers/10" Sub Woofer/Boss 800 watt amp

If it causes trouble, delete it! If you want improved reliability, performance and economy, get a Customized Tune for your Sprinter! Contact peter@customspooling.com or go to www.customspooling.com and visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/customspoolingusa
The Following User Says Thank You to dukepilot For This Useful Post:
aeroshots (08-04-2011)
Old 08-03-2011, 10:34 PM   #3
flman
Flat Earther

Thanked 4,936 Times in 3,800 Posts

I hear Alden put alot of effort into your prototype tune and you got your monies worth out of it.
flman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flman For This Useful Post:
dukepilot (08-04-2011)
Old 08-03-2011, 10:51 PM   #4
CustomSpooling
Custom ECU tuning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flman View Post
I hear Alden put alot of effort into your prototype tune and you got your monies worth out of it.
I have done a fair few since Peters. All are going well, no more DPF faults or lights and no more regenerations. Majority of customers who opted for DPF removal where wanting it for using some bio diesel and not having to worry about expensive particulate filter faults and replacements.

Why Delete your DPF?

(More MPG, More BHP, More Torque, engine&turbo life prolonged, Solution for BIO-Fuel usage, No more DPF regen, No more diesel diluting engine oil, No more DPF sensor errors, No more Clogged DPF)
CustomSpooling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CustomSpooling For This Useful Post:
aeroshots (08-04-2011), Chandlerazman (08-05-2011), dukepilot (08-04-2011), flman (08-03-2011), piper1 (08-04-2011)
Old 08-03-2011, 11:50 PM   #5
Sprinterer

We have been running DPF delete customized tuning on our 08 Sprinter for few weeks now. A simple procedure of plug in a small scanner to the main computer worked like a magic. No more check engine light every few hundred miles due to faulty codes related to emission, no more clogged up EGR pipes leading to EGR problems. From very moment it was installed the van feels way more lively, has more power, accelerates better and runs perfect. It seemed like before the van was pulling a huge rock behind it and now the rock is gone. You are welcome to buy a new $4000 DPF or try to clean the one you have - neither is worth it. I tried it. New filter is way to expensive and cleaning only gets rid of the problem for few weeks not permanently. If you want a permanent fix, CS works. After installation I can't tell a difference when it comes to emissions either. I have placed a cloth towel to see if there is more dirt coming out of the pipe and its no different then before. Furthermore, there is no additional smoke coming out when accelerating like seen in the old Sprinters. I'm still working on updated number for new fuel economy and will post them soon but do not hesitate to buy in on this, you won't regret it. You will get everything that is promised from CustomSpooling no questions asked. Customer service is top notch and the whole process is very easy.
Sprinterer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sprinterer For This Useful Post:
aeroshots (08-04-2011), Chandlerazman (08-05-2011), dukepilot (08-04-2011), flman (08-04-2011), gary 32 (08-04-2011), piper1 (08-04-2011), qualityair (08-04-2011)
Old 08-04-2011, 02:53 AM   #6
qualityair
'09 144" Cargo

Can you re-map my 2007 BMW R1200GS ? If you can, I'll show you where the BIG money is !
qualityair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #7
wildimaginations
Wild Imaginations

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomSpooling View Post
I have done a fair few since Peters. All are going well, no more DPF faults or lights and no more regenerations. Majority of customers who opted for DPF removal where wanting it for using some bio diesel and not having to worry about expensive particulate filter faults and replacements.

If I want to return it to the original settings, would I have to get the DPF reinstalled for the sensors to read correctly??

I live in California and don't know much about the emission laws so my van is pretty stock.

Also, if I do have the program modifications made, will this affect me when I bring my van in for service should it need it??

This looks really interesting.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:14 PM   #8
talkinghorse43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinterer View Post
After installation I can't tell a difference when it comes to emissions either.
Maybe you can't see it, but if there is no EGR flow, then NOX will be higher. If no EGR, the exhaust will smell different; like getting a whiff of the fume from an open bottle of concentrated nitric acid.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:18 PM   #9
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualityair View Post
Can you re-map my 2007 BMW R1200GS ? If you can, I'll show you where the BIG money is !

(KTM 950 Adventure rider here )
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:16 PM   #10
dukepilot
Custom Spooling USA

I'll take a crack at answering your questions since I also live in California.

The answer to your first question is yes. If you return to the original ECU settings, you must reinstall your DPF or your Sprinter will blow black smoke when it tries to regenerate the DPF. You will get numerous error codes as well. You can also get a CustomSpooling tune and keep the DPF intact. In fact CS has told me that he can produce a tune with more power if the DPF is intact.

Presently, emissions testing for light duty diesels in California is pretty basic and is required at 2 year intervals. They do a visual check to identify any aftermarket parts that could affect emissions, they look to see if the emissions controls are intact, they look at the dash to see if the check engine light is on, and they do a smoke test by backing your van up against a white wall to see how much smoke is emitted when they snap the throttle open. They do not test/analyze tailpipe emissions, they do not hook up the Sprinter to a scanner, and they do not test individual emission control components.

As for your last question, it depends on what type of service/warranty work is needed and the relationship you have with your dealer. For routine maintenance, it should not be an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildimaginations View Post
If I want to return it to the original settings, would I have to get the DPF reinstalled for the sensors to read correctly??

I live in California and don't know much about the emission laws so my van is pretty stock.

Also, if I do have the program modifications made, will this affect me when I bring my van in for service should it need it??

This looks really interesting.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukepilot For This Useful Post:
Chandlerazman (08-05-2011), wildimaginations (08-04-2011)