Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Advanced RV

Old 06-27-2013, 03:19 AM   #1
Diamondsea

Default New Advanced RV Being Built

It has been a few weeks since I ordered my Advanced RV and it seems as though the semi-custom building process is going smoothly. These RVs are ordered directly from the factory -- there are no dealers. Unless you are buying a spec built unit from their inventory you can have semi-custom changes and features done so the end product is as you desire. I made an initial factory visit to see their workmanship and discuss requirements, then received pricing by email, then placed the order by mailing a deposit check. After that I made another visit to go over many details. Since then there have been 2 or 3 emails from them with questions that were left unresolved, and I was able to quickly answer with my choices as their emails included pictures of possible choices. They also sent some progress photos.

I have recently been informed that my van has been moved to their "cabinet shop" which is located separately from their main building. Initial work is done at the main location, then woodwork is done at the "cabinet shop", then the van returns to the principal location to be finished.

I have not pressed for a delivery date as I am unable to use it until the end of the summer anyway. Based on our initial discussions that is about when it will be finished. My thinking is that I may make another trip to check things a very few weeks before it is finished.

I am getting excited!
The Following User Says Thank You to Diamondsea For This Useful Post:
DHowie (07-12-2013)
Old 06-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
BaywoodBill
pre-Yuppiedom

Default Re: New Advanced RV Being Built

Thanks for the update. Waiting for pictures.

2005 2500 cargo, long, tall
BaywoodBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:08 AM   #3
Diamondsea

I have just received some photos from Advanced RV. Here are a couple -- the galley module and some upper interior cabinets. Progress!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ResizedImage_1373060630029.jpg (76.5 KB, 636 views)
File Type: jpg ResizedImage_1373060630931.jpg (70.3 KB, 584 views)
Old 07-12-2013, 04:43 AM   #4
DHowie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondsea View Post
I have just received some photos from Advanced RV. Here are a couple -- the galley module and some upper interior cabinets. Progress!
Cool! Keep the pics coming.
DHowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
Diamondsea

I am hoping to take delivery of "Peanut" in about a month. Here is a recent photo received from Advanced RV:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3370RS.jpg (144.5 KB, 511 views)
Old 08-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #6
aljimenez
'13 LTV Serenity on '12 3

Is there insulation in your build?
aljimenez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #7
ECU

Thanked 1,410 Times in 1,033 Posts

I'm trying to imagine 40 sheets of sheetrock in there. How are you ever going to use a van like this?
Old 08-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #8
Diamondsea

Re question on insulation:
The build sheet says "Noise & thermal insulation in floor, walls, ceiling & doors". Someplace in another document I saw a reference to "denim insulation" which is made from recycled denim fabric I think. The photo seems to show material taped over some openings which looks temporary perhaps to prevent stuff such as stripped wire insulation from falling into the body cavities. If you want details the answer might be to email them.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:37 AM   #9
Davydd

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljimenez View Post
Is there insulation in your build?
Al, I don't have first hand knowledge but I would guess ,yes. This is something I am sure they would listen to you with any concerns and would most likely accommodate any of your desires more so than the other major B converters.
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:09 AM   #10
Diamondsea

My new Advanced RV is almost ready and I should be able to pick it up by the end of the month. Last week I made my third trip to the factory -- the first being before I placed the order, the second soon after to iron out details, and last week's for a final check and the resolution of a couple of details. I continue to be more and more impressed and believe that it will be worth all the expense. They are doing many things that are far superior to the competition which is really not competition! A final answer on the insulation question: There are multiple types and layers of insulation in all places.

In order to get a head start on the learning curve I asked for and received three "owner's manuals". The first was the Mercedes book of over 300 pages. The second was their own manual that covers their computer control system that runs almost everything in the coach. This was over 130 pages and included screen shots of all the computer operations. At my age of 73 I am slow on computer stuff but I find their instructions user friendly and operations seem to be intuitive. I wish companies like Verizon and Apple could do as well. This manual also had check lists for start up, getting ready to settle in for a night, etc. There were also detail step-by-step instructions for emptying the tanks, etc. The final manual is a document that they customize for each individual RV as it contains the literature supplied by each vendor whose equipment goes onto a particular RV. As mine is still being worked on they gave me a copy of the manual for one of their demo units as much of the equipment will be the same. That demo unit has sophisticated navigation and complex audio systems. This manual covered everything from the power cord to the toilet! It is over 900 pages! All three manuals including customization for each RV are given to the owner on a thumb drive to be put onto an iPad or computer!

I just got a few minutes ago an email from them that they are going to have a demo unit near the big RV show in Hershey, PA this week. If you contact Advanced-RV.com they can give you a phone number and email address to contact the folks by the show.
The Following User Says Thank You to Diamondsea For This Useful Post:
DHowie (09-18-2013)