Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Advanced RV

Old 10-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #1
Diamondsea

Default Living With My New Advanced RV

This new thread continues from my old concerning my Advanced RV being built.

Now that the Nova Kool has settled in it is doing a great job. The fridge is at 36F and the bottom freezer is at 8F. There are 4 possible compressor speeds selectable by changing a resistor. Mine is set for the next to slowest speed for good efficiency. Thermostat has a range from numbers 1 to 7 (coldest) and mine is set at 5.5. It runs a lot and is whisper quiet.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diamondsea For This Useful Post:
adj2000 (04-26-2015), andiamo (12-06-2013), JohnY (11-11-2013)
Old 10-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
pattonsr

Default Re: Living With My New Advanced RV

Does the bottom freezer have its own thermostat? It sounds like there is only one thermostat and if you set it colder to lower the freezer to 0F the fridge will get too cold.
pattonsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:52 AM   #3
Davydd

How about some photos of all this? The Advanced RV website is coyly deficient with repeated showings of kitchen sink faucets and such.

As with just about every converter, they all lack detail and information for making an investment of a hundred grand. It's frustrating.
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:51 AM   #4
Diamondsea

The refrigerator has only one thermostat/adjustable control and it is in the top part which is the refrigerator. There are separate evaporator plates in each part. I just checked the thermometers and the temperatures are within a degree of my previous report. The evaporator in the bottom freezer has a larger surface area that the other. My assumption is that they figured out how to make it work while keeping it simple.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:31 AM   #5
Diamondsea

I have tried to up-load photos but they are too large to up-load. How do I resize .jpg files on my Mac?

Last edited by Diamondsea; 10-05-2013 at 05:33 AM. Reason: added words
Diamondsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #6
bikerbill44

IF it were only a hundred grand, I'd have mine. Starting cost in the mid $140'sup to $160's.
bikerbill44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #7
bikerbill44

Many programs for resizing photos on both MAC and PC. I use Photoshop.
bikerbill44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #8
Davydd

If you store your .jpg files on a Mac in iPhoto it is rather easy. Select your photo, go to File > Export and set the file size to medium. No matter what size your original photo is that will make it a 640 x 480 pixel photo. Save that photo to a folder of your choosing (no longer in iPhoto). Now that you have a suitable photo you need a photo hosting service with which to reference your photo into your message. I use Photobucket because it is free up to a certain extent and has easy tools to place a link. Once you have a photo in Photobucket you can easily cut and paste the IMG tagged photo from Photobucket into your message here. Here is a photo. Do a quote on this message and you should see the IMG tag for the photo to see how it works.

If you don't have your photos stored in iPhoto and they are larger than 640 x pixels you can set a default in Photobucket to automatically reduce them to that size when you upload or you can do it yourself with the Preview app with a duplicate of the photo.

Here is the link to Photobucket: http://www.photobucket.com

Last edited by Davydd; 10-05-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #9
d_bertko

No photo hosting intermediary site is needed for the Sprinter-Forum.

I do a variation on my Mac---I just email myself a medium pic and then store that pic in a desktop folder of resized Sprinter pix. (Admittedly just exporting to that folder would be more direct.)

Just link to your resized pic when composing and upload that.

Dan
d_bertko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #10
Davydd

I post to so many message board forums that I like to have control of where I store my photos on the Internet and be able to manage them. That's why I use Photobucket. For instance that Mount Rushmore photo probably has been linked in at least two other message board forums and I know exactly which library I have it stored in Photobucket. Also, using the BBCode IMG tag reference links is pretty consistent across the Internet for me and I don't have to relearn or follow the nuances of every message board forum.

I'm not sure why you would email a photo to yourself or at least how that can be more efficient. My iPhone automatically syncs with my Mac anytime I have a wifi connection through iCloud or I can just plug it directly into the Mac and import to iPhoto or drag and drop to a folder of choice. I use two other digital cameras that I do the same with a USB cable. From iPhoto, or Aperture or Lightroom whichever is your choice you can do some post processing if you desire. The default iPhoto has served my amateur needs adequately.