Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Regional Discussions > USA

Old 04-26-2010, 05:10 AM   #1
benster
2004 140" low roof cargo

Question Long-term parking for LAX for 8' tall Sprinter?

Going on a 17-day round trip from LAX airport. Was wooed into planning to park my van for that time by many internet quotes of $5 per day (& some less). Now that I'm trying to make actual parking reservations, I'm finding they are either parking structures with lower clearance (with cheaper "outside" parking on top, not in an open lot) or they simply don't answer their phone.

Any recommendations? I'd sure like to keep it cheap since we decided to park instead of one-way rent based on price... but now I just gotta get it in somewhere.

My van is just under 8' from ground to top of roof vent.

Arriving at LAX very early this Wed morn, so want to get this figured out ASAP.
Thanks much!
--Ben

p.s. my home will be occupied in my absence, so don't get excited about anyone bringing their van over to clean me out while gone :-)

Last edited by benster; 04-26-2010 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Added van height
benster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:32 PM   #2
VanDiesel

Default Re: Long-term parking for LAX for 8' tall Sprinter?

Check some of the airport hotels - YEARS AGO - they offered free parking and shuttle to airport if you stayed there prior to departure - I'm SURE the parking part isn't free anymore but worth checking the smaller places - Airport Century Inn ( now a Travel Inn I think ) was one we used at LAX when we lived in San Clemente. - Actually, you might find it cheapest to get a ride up to the area the previous day ( at your rides convenience) and stay overnight - ( those parking fees do add up AND it is convenient to be minutes from the airport on the day of your flight instead of worrying about traffic on the 5/405 ! ) Good luck on your trip!
Steve

Last edited by VanDiesel; 04-26-2010 at 10:01 PM.
VanDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:36 PM   #3
kmessinger

Location: East of San Francisco, deep inside a secret bunker, drinking martinis, playing rock and country.

You will just end up in Lot C like 40billion other people. At least if you forget where you parked it you will able to see it earlier.

Lot C is $12 per day and has lots of shuttle busses that haul folks around.

Regards,

Keith
Old 04-27-2010, 04:17 AM   #4
georgetg
2005 140" low roof

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmessinger View Post
You will just end up in Lot C like 40billion other people. At least if you forget where you parked it you will able to see it earlier.

Lot C is $12 per day and has lots of shuttle busses that haul folks around.

Regards,

Keith
LOL you are so right!
I always look for mine on short final to 25L
Its easy to spot in Lot E next to the Proud Bird...

Cheers
George
georgetg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
hunghua
MAXIVAN

I always park at the Marriot. Go to airportparkingreservations.com and pick the non valet. I have hi-top sprinter and their open parking lot makes it a breeze. Typically, I pay $10 per day through this website, if you go direct its $24 a day. There is a $5 service fee, but it is well worth it. Marriott shuttle makes one stop at renaissance then you are at LAX. They know my van there as I have parked so often.
2008 144" Passenger Wagon Diesel, Electric sliding door, electric slide out step, Tracvision Directv 15" drop down TV, 24" Sharp TV (rear), Wii, Inverter, Alpine Blackbird Stereo, backup camera, parking nonsense sensors, bi-xenon headlights, MB grill conversion, 4 Captains chairs (with heaters and leg rests) , 3 bench electric bed, hardwood floors, suede headliner, reading lights. Daily driver family cruiser.
hunghua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:13 AM   #6
efxjim

Wally park is where I park my 06 hightop. Not the cheapest but quick pickup and delivery. Use AAA discount or they have weekly specials.
efxjim is offline   Reply With Quote