Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Regional Discussions > Australia, New Zealand, and Asia Pacific

Old 11-28-2008, 05:51 PM   #11
Altered Sprinter
Happy Little Vegemite

Thanked 2,360 Times in 1,866 Posts
Default Re: Sprinter raised + rear diff lock

Mazda ZOOM ZOOM Courier same as the re badgered Ford runs on LP gas
same rear loading length as the Sprinter MWB units. not a Bongo those are much smaller units. Three biggest sellers were the Ford and Mazda vans as above a twenty five year design platform Mitsubishi and the Toyota vans Both Ford and Mazda gone no longer compliant in Australia Mitsubishi has a year to go both engine and Body no longer met Australian ADR design rules
Toyota has current compliance but not yet a Euro 4 model one year to go the body is compliant for front end crash test tests forget the sides we also have the Hyundai vans sold by GM very popular before the cross over to Sprinters crafty crafters Fiat Citroen Ford transits Fiats Daily and Iveco and what ever else I may have forgot plus we have your GM and Ford vans running about..1970-72 Free trade Agreements if it's compliant to ADR DOT EPA requirements it's for sale. Then all of the VW vans and pickups plus the Mercedes Vito's
Heck we have Hummers too.Both of them
Richard.
No Shalam - No Shalom
Now lets take back the - Sprinter-Forum.

Of course I'm being totally biased.
Driving my life Away in a 313 Cdi Mercedes-Sprinter

Last edited by Altered Sprinter; 11-28-2008 at 05:53 PM.
Altered Sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 11:57 PM   #12
glasseye

Thanked 1,838 Times in 985 Posts

That is just too darn annoying for words. You have a fantastic selection of vans to choose from. We have virtually none. We see the Ford E-series, the Chev Savannah and Sprinters. That's it.

Blame the North American Auto Pact, I guess. We all get screwed so the domestics can thrive. Notice them thriving?
glasseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 01:27 AM   #13
Altered Sprinter
Happy Little Vegemite

Thanked 2,360 Times in 1,866 Posts

glasseye running of the thread, If your interested as to the reasoning of why! It goes back to 1968-1972 68 US-World mini credit crunch and the 72 oil-price-hike. Aus under the 'Button implementation of the re-modernizing.."Of competitive Industry", changed the trade-tariffs protection barriers, that were in place, and the auto industry changed as well.
I'm writing an article in my spare time on a locked down thread Incoming 44th President of America
"That is not completed for open commentary" you may be interested in keeping an eye on it as to a direct cause of US problems that was implemented via the 1944 Bretton Woods Policy The key was the same years 1968-1972 and the Nixon Government.It had it's good points but protecting to control, was it's down fall.
GM Australia..consider it liken to the GM's US Pontiac division a mean and lean operation, which was to send you the beaut utes! 'may still do so' , But non-completed-in-a-CKD format the same as the Sprinters. as to using a local V8 that has cylinder cut off sequences to save on fuel..But the engine is made and assembled in Mexico."GO FIGURE"
There was also a Panel van-concept high roof version. one could say the same as to the 4x4 Sprinters, you did not get them. Aus did! But as for the public buying one well that's one big con. you see we still have trade and tariff protectionism, restrictions,and imposts placed on Australia, we still have price fixing manipulation practices under the pose of "Quotas" by others, Not a level playing field.if it's not the manufactures colluding . it's the two way practices of Government, to raise a hidden tax.
Look at the big three today, much emphasis is placed on the Unions, and wages, but that is a direct problem created by the Government policy of the day back in-1944-1947 The US auto industry is split into three parts, today. Local out dated and beyond repair. non competitive, outsourcing for cheap labor . Flawed NAFTA system, importation of safer more fuel efficient vehicles= Higher taxes for the GOV,And then look at Honda on the coast to see how successful it's been, non unionism... But fair wages. look at the big three! and ask the straight question as to why there was no progression as to investing profits back into the future?, three and half decades latter of hiding behind exemptions and protectionism ...I Can't blame the Union worker totally for the last ten years,of indecision from the Corporate CEO's and governmental policy's for what went so wrong.after all they have to put food on the table too.
Richard
No Shalam - No Shalom
Now lets take back the - Sprinter-Forum.

Of course I'm being totally biased.
Driving my life Away in a 313 Cdi Mercedes-Sprinter

Altered Sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:00 AM   #14
dutchontoast
312D 4x4 auto ex-ambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Experience View Post
Dutchontoast.
Gooday. I am in Australia and have a 312 4x4 with diff lock for sale. It had a camper conversion but I have just removed it, I am in the process of filling and painting over the bolt holes. The price is $au30k Eric.
Hi Eric, I've sent you a PM with my contact details so you can get in touch with me.
Sent you an email previously but not sure if you got thatů

cheers

Kai
dutchontoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:39 AM   #15
Eric Experience

Thanked 1,657 Times in 1,093 Posts

Dutchontoast.
Sorry for the delay, I got your message but the vehicle is not ready yet, another few days, I have lost the head lining material and it is driving me mad trying to find it. Eric.
Eric Experience is offline   Reply With Quote