Sprinter-Forum    
 

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > General Forums > Off Topic

Off Topic Nonrelated Sprinter things to say? This is the place to be (although certain threads that are politically or religiously charged will be moved to the DZ).
SubForums: Health The Funnies The Danger Zone


 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2019, 03:01 AM   #1
lindenengineering
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Littleton Colorado
Posts: 12,722
Thanks: 3,133
Thanked 10,698 Times in 5,438 Posts
Default One of my Sprinter customers

Guys
These folks appear to be closing down, and they have been long time regular customers for YEARS
2006 T1N Red Sprinter
Here's the info I got today on it.
Might be of interest.
Dennis

https://www.outtherecolorado.com/wol...=notifications
lindenengineering is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:47 AM   #2
flman
Flat Earther
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: America, Great Again!
Posts: 18,561
Thanks: 5,565
Thanked 4,937 Times in 3,801 Posts
Default Re: One of my Sprinter customers

Not much you can do about it, unless you want to open your wallet and keep it going. They should have left them in the wild, and let survival of the fittest do its job, now they will most likely have to put them down. Sad, that man thinks he is smarter than nature.
flman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flman For This Useful Post:
Bobnoxious (12-04-2019)
Old 12-04-2019, 12:37 AM   #3
Aqua Puttana
Poly - Thread Finder
 
Aqua Puttana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Falls of Niagara, USA
Posts: 25,195
Thanks: 12,976
Thanked 14,247 Times in 9,042 Posts
Default Re: One of my Sprinter customers

Quote:
Originally Posted by flman View Post
Not much you can do about it, unless you want to open your wallet and keep it going. They should have left them in the wild, and let survival of the fittest do its job, now they will most likely have to put them down. Sad, that man thinks he is smarter than nature.


Interesting that you are able to come to those conclusions. It would seem odd that a couple so dedicated to the project would throw the animals to the wolves. What I read was that the animals were to be relocated to other facilities, not necessarily euthanized.

I'm not thrilled at some of the stories from farmers that I know regarding the re-population of top tier predators either, but I see no reason to lash out at these people. Survival of the fittest for wolf dog mixes might mean we lose a human child here and there.

vic
__________________
DAD NAS (N. Amer. Spec) 2004 140 2500 >330,000+ mi. Arctic Whitewash Brush-tone Grey
2006 Freightliner 140 2500HC >183,000+ mi. Arctic Whitewash (Spotted Snow Leopard accents)
"My opinion and worth everything you'll never pay for it." assumed.
Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm. Publilius Syrus
"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't." HaWiiLuVeR
16 ounces of unnecessary prevention can be worth a pound of manure.
Aqua Puttana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 03:46 AM   #4
lindenengineering
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Littleton Colorado
Posts: 12,722
Thanks: 3,133
Thanked 10,698 Times in 5,438 Posts
Default Re: One of my Sprinter customers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Puttana View Post


Interesting that you are able to come to those conclusions. It would seem odd that a couple so dedicated to the project would throw the animals to the wolves. What I read was that the animals were to be relocated to other facilities, not necessarily euthanized.

I'm not thrilled at some of the stories from farmers that I know regarding the re-population of top tier predators either, but I see no reason to lash out at these people. Survival of the fittest for wolf dog mixes might mean we lose a human child here and there.

vic
Well my comments were when I was introduced to this for non profit organization essentially the same as both of you have written in these threads.
My family have visited the place several times and of course my youngest son (Mr Agriculture and Naturalist) takes a totally different level of enthusiasm to it when he was much younger.

I got a lecture from this 10 year old son of mine about the use and value of wolves in the North American wildernesses.
I suppose the gob smacker was near Yellowstone, where a rancher got a earful from this kid of mine about the value of wolves, land management, the ecological value to the wildlife of North America. The guy was almost silent --except smart kid! Before hopping into his pick up truck.

This of course from a youngster who explained at length one day why American Bison ranchers snip tail hair samples to check the DNA purity of the North American herds.
Bison meat quality consistency as a cash crop Dad !

So its off to the UK in the New Year now he approaching 17 years for a visit to the Royal Ag college in the county of my upbringing and where some of my family have farmed one large spread near Saul in Gloucestershire since the 16th century .

This is the AG college web site and the tuition fees are affordable not sadly like in the USA.
Another son going East !
Dennis

https://www.rau.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses
lindenengineering is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:53 AM   #5
flman
Flat Earther
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: America, Great Again!
Posts: 18,561
Thanks: 5,565
Thanked 4,937 Times in 3,801 Posts
Default Re: One of my Sprinter customers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Puttana View Post


Interesting that you are able to come to those conclusions. It would seem odd that a couple so dedicated to the project would throw the animals to the wolves. What I read was that the animals were to be relocated to other facilities, not necessarily euthanized.

I'm not thrilled at some of the stories from farmers that I know regarding the re-population of top tier predators either, but I see no reason to lash out at these people. Survival of the fittest for wolf dog mixes might mean we lose a human child here and there.

vic

I once visited a wolf sanctuary in Lititz PA. While it was cool to see the wolves, they did not look like a good captivity animal. Wolves cannot be trained by man. Also we had a 100 year old zoo close down a decade or 2 ago. Zoo keepers were attempting to keep the animals in their basement, others were euthanized, or sold to other facilities. I hope all of those wolves do get located to proper facilities.

So that is the problem with these places, intentions are good, but no one is going to keep the cycle of caring for wild animals going forever. At least a pet can be donated to a good home.

As far as survival of the fittest, I believe in it for all species. The wolves only predator is man.

BTW, is the Sprinter for sale?
flman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flman For This Useful Post:
Bobnoxious (12-04-2019), BrennWagon (12-04-2019)
Old 12-04-2019, 02:11 PM   #6
BrennWagon
Pete
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 604
Thanks: 524
Thanked 313 Times in 222 Posts
Default Re: One of my Sprinter customers

Quote:
Originally Posted by flman View Post
I once visited a wolf sanctuary in Lititz PA. While it was cool to see the wolves, they did not look like a good captivity animal. Wolves cannot be trained by man. Also we had a 100 year old zoo close down a decade or 2 ago. Zoo keepers were attempting to keep the animals in their basement, others were euthanized, or sold to other facilities. I hope all of those wolves do get located to proper facilities.

So that is the problem with these places, intentions are good, but no one is going to keep the cycle of caring for wild animals going forever. At least a pet can be donated to a good home.

As far as survival of the fittest, I believe in it for all species. The wolves only predator is man.

BTW, is the Sprinter for sale?
Flman, up til I was about 4, my dad lived on that wolf sanctuary in Lititz! I was too young to remember much, other than we were not allowed to play outside without supervision as the wolves had free run of most of the property. We were occasionally allowed to play with some of the wolf pups, and I don’t think I knew that they weren’t just dogs.

Despite these people’s efforts, coyotes have taken the wolf’s place as the apex predator in our region and have started pack hunting and growing larger in size. Nature isn’t what depleted the wolf population, our fore-bearers did, and the ecology of our continent has suffered. In wild areas where wolves have need reintroduced the changes have been amazing!
__________________
2006 140 Low Roof Passenger Wagon

Last edited by BrennWagon; 12-05-2019 at 12:17 AM.
BrennWagon is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrennWagon For This Useful Post:
flman (12-04-2019), lindenengineering (12-04-2019)
Old 12-04-2019, 02:20 PM   #7
Bobnoxious
 
Bobnoxious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Noxville, Noxious
Posts: 15,294
Thanks: 8,618
Thanked 5,441 Times in 3,913 Posts
Default Re: One of my Sprinter customers

Arnold says wild animals belong in the WILD and all zoos should be SHUT DOWN!!!


Last edited by Bobnoxious; 12-04-2019 at 02:24 PM.
Bobnoxious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bobnoxious For This Useful Post:
flman (12-04-2019)
Old 12-04-2019, 02:35 PM   #8
lindenengineering
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Littleton Colorado
Posts: 12,722
Thanks: 3,133
Thanked 10,698 Times in 5,438 Posts
Default Re: One of my Sprinter customers

Here is some interesting info published by the very same organization here in Colorado a while back.
.Dennis

https://missionwolf.org/history/
lindenengineering is online now   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.