Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > NCV3 Sprinters > NCV3 Talk

NCV3 Talk General Discussions related to NCV3 Sprinters.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:04 PM   #1
bikergar

Default Suggestions and Results for Reset Assyst

Please post here your
  1. Month and year of manufacture
  2. Steering wheel buttons..yes or no
  3. Brief description of the screen (something so the rest of us can identify it)
  4. What you did specifically (buttons pushed and for how long)
  5. Results of your actions
Any suggestions you have to improve the table, post them. Please don't get your feelings hurt if I don't incorporate them. I am not very good at this and may not be able to keep up so it could be a big bust.

For the reset procedures for both the High End Dash (Steering wheel buttons), Standard Dash, and gleaned information go to this thread. ASSYST Reset and Results

gary

Keep Doing What You Did, and You'll Keep Getting What You Got...
2008 2500 CRD 144 inch High Roof Crew Van

Last edited by bikergar; 02-10-2010 at 02:22 PM.
bikergar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bikergar For This Useful Post:
dukepilot (10-16-2009), itasca2008 (10-16-2009), jdcaples (10-15-2009), maxextz (08-25-2012)
Old 10-15-2009, 11:33 PM   #2
kmessinger

Location: East of San Francisco, deep inside a secret bunker, drinking martinis, playing rock and country.
Default Re: Suggestions and Results for Reset Assyst

08 with no steering wheel buttons.

Followed the new reset instructions for Assyst to reach menu. Scrolled to "rolling test" used + button to turn it on. Emergency brake light comes on as well as SDS and (sorry) a couple of other lights. I did a roll back (just coasted) nothing noticed. Turn off with - button but the menu will no longer scroll and you have to turn the key off to get rid of rolling test.

Starting engine with new menu open does away with all of the oil can icon menu items but the others stay there. I did the roll test with engine running moving about 20 feet but noticed nothing.

Reset standard works according to new instructions. .31 and .51 reset correctly. Following the reset hold 0 until 2 appears then press 0 again does not work for "Reset" major maintenance" (two wrenches) reports not done, and "reset STOP" reports not done. BTW I would swear that the Reset with the two wrenches worked a couple of times but since I cannot duplicate a couple of times in a row I am not sure.

Resetting my ASSYST shows I am due a major maintenance in 10k but it should show a minor (1 wrench) maintenance.

On menu 5 I show CodE 208. Pressed +, -, held down 0 with no results.

On menu 6 the oil shown in quarts, mine says 9.4. Checking immediately after turning off engine it said 8.2 for just a couple of seconds. Could this be the amount of oil in the pan?

Regards.

Keith
bikergar (10-16-2009), itasca2008 (10-16-2009)
Old 10-16-2009, 02:14 AM   #3
jdcaples
Not Suitable w/220v Gen

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,936 Posts

Thanks to Gary for the correction/clarification:

0=off
1=SRS
2=run
3=start
  1. Month and year of manufacture July 2007
  2. Steering wheel buttons yes
  3. Brief description of the screen Odometer
  4. What you did specifically (buttons pushed and for how long) Key on, turned to position 2 (just before "start") clockwise, held "O" button down for 300 seconds
  5. Results of your actions nothing changed but the trip meter zeroed
  3. Brief description of the screen ASSYST Screen (two wrenches, service B due in 7100 miles
  4. What you did specifically (buttons pushed and for how long) Key on, turned to position 2, just before "start" clockwise, held "O" button down for 300 seconds
  5. Results of your actions nothing changed
  3. Brief description of the screen Odometer (buttons don't work to change anything in the "unlock" position)
  4. What you did specifically (buttons pushed and for how long) Key on, turned to position 1, held "O" button down for 90 seconds
  5. Results of your actions nothing changed

US Tech info: http://www.sprintertekinfo.com
US Parts info: http://epc.startekinfo.com (Subscribe to world passenger car and light transport)

Americans may learn to use MB technical resources and parts information here:
http://www.sprintertekinfo.com/epcdemo/start.swf

Last edited by jdcaples; 10-16-2009 at 04:23 AM.
jdcaples is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdcaples For This Useful Post:
bikergar (10-16-2009), brassarl (03-10-2011)
Old 10-16-2009, 03:42 PM   #4
bikergar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmessinger View Post
08 with no steering wheel buttons.

Followed the new reset instructions for Assyst to reach menu. Scrolled to "rolling test" used + button to turn it on. Emergency brake light comes on as well as SDS and (sorry) a couple of other lights. I did a roll back (just coasted) nothing noticed. Turn off with - button but the menu will no longer scroll and you have to turn the key off to get rid of rolling test.

Starting engine with new menu open does away with all of the oil can icon menu items but the others stay there. I did the roll test with engine running moving about 20 feet but noticed nothing.

Reset standard works according to new instructions. .31 and .51 reset correctly. Following the reset hold 0 until 2 appears then press 0 again does not work for "Reset" major maintenance" (two wrenches) reports not done, and "reset STOP" reports not done. BTW I would swear that the Reset with the two wrenches worked a couple of times but since I cannot duplicate a couple of times in a row I am not sure.

Resetting my ASSYST shows I am due a major maintenance in 10k but it should show a minor (1 wrench) maintenance.

On menu 5 I show CodE 208. Pressed +, -, held down 0 with no results.

On menu 6 the oil shown in quarts, mine says 9.4. Checking immediately after turning off engine it said 8.2 for just a couple of seconds. Could this be the amount of oil in the pan?

Regards.

Keith
Keith

You do have a sense of adventure...I now put you on my "Hero" list. Are we fixin to do something that is un-doable?

Thanks
gary

Old 10-16-2009, 04:53 PM   #5
kmessinger

Location: East of San Francisco, deep inside a secret bunker, drinking martinis, playing rock and country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikergar View Post
Keith

You do have a sense of adventure...I now put you on my "Hero" list. Are we fixin to do something that is un-doable?

Thanks
gary
Hardly a hero, just a guy with too much time on my hands. I don't think "undoable" but you never know. My Sprinter is at the dealer now for a 30k service. I asked for a copy of faults. They said it the service light is not on there would not be any - I told them that they were incorrect. I want to see if any thing I pressed yesterday caused a fault. Maybe I should check my scanguage.

BTW, I provided all parts. The dealer, to change the cabin air filter, wanted $150.00 WoW! I will change filters all day for that outrageous price

Regards,

Keith
Old 10-16-2009, 05:03 PM   #6
bikergar

Keith

One of the really great things about this forum is we seem to prod each other into doing more for ourselves, led in the NCV3 section by he who shall remain nameless (Jon).

$150.00 is nuts to change that filter. Its an easy one on the NCV3, I believe somewhat harder on the T1N.

gary

Old 10-16-2009, 08:42 PM   #7
jdcaples
Not Suitable w/220v Gen

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,936 Posts

Thanks, Gary.

I really do think that inflated filter prices - any consumables - are all subsidizing that insurance policy premium we think is a "paid-in-full" warranty agreement.

If I were wealthy, and bored, I'd pay Michael Moore to follow the money; even though Michael would probably find that the trail leads to a giant safe with Geraldo Rivera inside, looking puzzled.

-Jon

PS: That's probably the hidden answer to

"We lose money on every sale, but we make it up in volume."

US Tech info: http://www.sprintertekinfo.com
US Parts info: http://epc.startekinfo.com (Subscribe to world passenger car and light transport)

Americans may learn to use MB technical resources and parts information here:
http://www.sprintertekinfo.com/epcdemo/start.swf
jdcaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:55 AM   #8
sprintguy

Good day all : I have tried the manual reset in a couple of sprinters this week, 07's & 08's. All resets came up as double wrench ? I played around with one with steering wheel buttons, using more of the actual steering wheel switches, to no avail.

A couple of the reset options seem more like system tests for a tech to carry out without a scan tool.
As for the "rolls test" by the sound of it, this may be for the ABS/ESP system. Jon if you look in the ABS module under Misc. functions this test will be in there. The rolls test or "rolling test" is used to verify ABS/ESP sensor values. Another possibility of the "rolling test" is for quick update of the TPM system ??
If time allows I will keep playing with these menus to see what they mean and do.
Gary: all the Sprinters I did this to had the 208 code in them.

Carl
sprintguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sprintguy For This Useful Post:
bikergar (10-17-2009), jdcaples (10-18-2009)
Old 10-17-2009, 03:36 PM   #9
kmessinger

Driving with the the fuel monitor on (the one with the Oh - I don't have the scroll number) the number flucuates from 53 to 427 depending on my stops and starts. My fuel gauge is 3 ticks down from full. Looks like this is measuring the slosh in the fuel tank from front to back. I did take a right and left turn which did not seem to cause any big difference in the numbers.

On menu 6 after the 30k service yesterday, what was reading 9.4 qts now reads 10.6. I was a quart low going into the service. Interesting also that this reads "qts" and not liters.

Regards,

Keith
Old 10-17-2009, 05:05 PM   #10
bikergar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmessinger View Post
Driving with the the fuel monitor on (the one with the Oh - I don't have the scroll number) the number flucuates from 53 to 427 depending on my stops and starts. My fuel gauge is 3 ticks down from full. Looks like this is measuring the slosh in the fuel tank from front to back. I did take a right and left turn which did not seem to cause any big difference in the numbers.
Let us be creative...could this forward and rearward slosh produce a number that is used by the ASR in its computations?

Quote:
On menu 6 after the 30k service yesterday, what was reading 9.4 qts now reads 10.6. I was a quart low going into the service. Interesting also that this reads "qts" and not liters.
The number makes sense as mine reads 10.3 and I'm halfway between dipstick marks. NAFTA US???

gary