Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Leisure Travel Vans > Unity

Old 08-11-2019, 11:40 PM   #21
Coach06
19/19 Unity MB

Default Re: 2019 chassis cruise control issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjf_moraga View Post
This sounds similar to an issue I had when I picked up my 2019/2019 CB from Sacramento the other month, almost certainly before you. I had a message saying "Active Brake Assist disabled" or something like that.

I took it to MB of Fairfield and they updated the software. All fine now and 2,500 miles in.

Chris
Chris.. I have now had our 19/19 U24MB to three separate Mercedes dealers without a fix for our cruise control issue. I see below (message #18) that Widman has the same issue and Fairfield was NOT able to fix it. Widman now has an appointment (message #20) with Mercedes of Santa Rosa for the repair. do you have any information on your invoice/paperwork that would provide the software update that corrected your cruise control issue?
thanks
BruceC
Coach06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 11:45 PM   #22
Coach06
19/19 Unity MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widman View Post
Fairfield did not fix the cruise or could they fix the seat adjust. They did not have a clue, then called me 3 days later to say they could fix the seat adjust for $85! I have an appt at Santa Rosa MB, who are aware of both issues and could adjust.
Please obtain some detail on how they fix the cruise control... ie: bulletin number, software update revision number, etc. I will pass it along to the Fresno Mercedes dealer where our Unity now resides and perhaps they can obtain the same instructions for a cure.
Thanks
BruceC
The Following User Says Thank You to Coach06 For This Useful Post:
Motordr (08-12-2019)
Old 09-05-2019, 12:20 AM   #23
mscarcella

I have a 2020 Tiffin Wayfarer built on the 2019 MB chassis and am having similar issues. Iíve taken it to Sears Imports Sprinter Service in Mpls and it wouldnít fail for them during a test drive. Iím including a picture of the error message... https://share.icloud.com/photos/0Rs6...EA#Home_&_Glen
Iíll post a resolution I when I get one.
mscarcella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 05:40 AM   #24
Widman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach06 View Post
Please obtain some detail on how they fix the cruise control... ie: bulletin number, software update revision number, etc. I will pass it along to the Fresno Mercedes dealer where our Unity now resides and perhaps they can obtain the same instructions for a cure.
Thanks
BruceC
Mercedes Santa Rosa fixed the seat back but could not fix the cruise control. Since there is a sensor in the seat that disengages the cruise if you lift off the seat, they could not disconnect.
I just have to keep my but planted on the seat cushion.
Widman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 06:07 PM   #25
Coach06
19/19 Unity MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widman View Post
Mercedes Santa Rosa fixed the seat back but could not fix the cruise control. Since there is a sensor in the seat that disengages the cruise if you lift off the seat, they could not disconnect.
I just have to keep my but planted on the seat cushion.
Thanks Widman.. Just to make sure I am understanding you.. You do not see an erratic cruise control behavior except when you 'lift your butt off the seat'.. correct? Almost wish mine was that simple a fix.
Mercedes Fresno has received a new distance sensing 'module' and is installing it as I am writing this message. Will let you all know if this solves my erratic behavior (mine also disengages when lifting off the seat).
Old 09-10-2019, 03:02 PM   #26
mscarcella

Resolved ever since I removed the “Purple Gel” seat cushion I’d been using... I can duplicate the error message by lifting my rear end off the seat. No problems since getting rid of the cushion.
mscarcella is offline   Reply With Quote