Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Leisure Travel Vans > Unity

Old 10-26-2016, 01:03 PM   #1
Equalizer Systems

Default Equalizer Systems Auto Level for an LTV Unity - DONE!

Alright guys, I know we all talked about this in a thread a month or so ago as we were waiting to get our first crack at an LTV with our hydraulic Auto Level system. Well, last Friday was the day, and it's a done deal. Not without some unexpected road blocks and improvising, but the system works GREAT and the owner is very happy with how well it works and how easy it is to use! I'm putting together a photo album to share here as this site has such weird requirements for what you can and can't upload. Coming soon...
800-846-9659 ext.331
Equalizer Systems is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Equalizer Systems For This Useful Post:
chucksonderman (10-28-2016), scole607 (01-25-2017)
Old 10-26-2016, 04:29 PM   #2
Equalizer Systems

Default Re: Equalizer Systems Auto Level for an LTV Unity - DONE!

OK, hopefully this link works. One thing I didn't remember to get a picture of was the touch panel. We we able to mount that in the side of the TV cabinet right inside the door. With the panel as close to the exterior wall as possible, the whole thing easily cleared the TV lift and the tray that goes with it. As I said, the owner of the coach is very happy with the system, and with a little creativity we made it work for his coach. Given more time on the next one, we'd be able to experiment with different jack placement and brackets for mounting. That said, this one went very well!

http://s347.photobucket.com/user/nic...0Install/story
800-846-9659 ext.331
The Following User Says Thank You to Equalizer Systems For This Useful Post:
bigben (10-26-2016)
Old 10-26-2016, 04:30 PM   #3
SSTraveler
2014 LTV Unity Murphy Bed

Thanked 1,534 Times in 773 Posts

Put the pictures into a PDF and then there are no problems up loading the PDF. I use Microsoft Word or Power Point to arrange the pictures and then it has a "save as" option for you to save it as a PDF. Much easier if you have a lot of pictures, plus you can write stuff in by the pictures for info/explaination. You could make it a marketing brochure. Posting it on this forum could generate business. Just sayin'
The Following User Says Thank You to SSTraveler For This Useful Post:
Equalizer Systems (10-26-2016)
Old 10-26-2016, 07:51 PM   #4
bigben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equalizer Systems View Post
Alright guys, I know we all talked about this in a thread a month or so ago as we were waiting to get our first crack at an LTV with our hydraulic Auto Level system. Well, last Friday was the day, and it's a done deal. Not without some unexpected road blocks and improvising, but the system works GREAT and the owner is very happy with how well it works and how easy it is to use! I'm putting together a photo album to share here as this site has such weird requirements for what you can and can't upload. Coming soon...
This is great news, Nick! As I'm researching the Unity options for our next RV, I'm pretty convinced that we want a leveling system rather than a stabilizer. So I have a few specific questions:
Is it suitable/available for all floorplans, particularly TB?
The automatic version is obviously easier to operate, but it's ~$1000 more than a manual system. Does the manual system raise/lower pads in pair (front and rear) or individually? Is manual system going to be more reliable since it is simpler than the automatic?
Are you working with LTV to make it available as an option just like stabilizer?
Many thanks,
Jeff
bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:59 PM   #5
MeRob

...Very interesting... but how much does the 'completed system add to the Sprinter's weight ?
MeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:06 PM   #6
Peter Tourin
2012 LTV Unity MB

I'll be anxious to hear more about this! I can't open the link - does it work for everybody else?
Old 10-26-2016, 10:26 PM   #7
kernhend
2017 Unity MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Tourin View Post
I'll be anxious to hear more about this! I can't open the link - does it work for everybody else?
Link does not open for me.
kernhend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:26 PM   #8
alichty
2014 LTV Unity TB

Thanked 1,266 Times in 777 Posts

I was able to open the link earlier but can't now.

Nick - did you change the content at the other end of this without editing the link?
Old 10-28-2016, 01:16 PM   #9
Equalizer Systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by alichty View Post
I was able to open the link earlier but can't now.

Nick - did you change the content at the other end of this without editing the link?
Ahhh, of all the things in the world that consistently drive me nuts, trying to share pictures in forums is definitely at the top of the list!!!

Not sure why the link would have stop working, I'll look into it.
800-846-9659 ext.331
Old 10-28-2016, 01:31 PM   #10
Equalizer Systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
This is great news, Nick! As I'm researching the Unity options for our next RV, I'm pretty convinced that we want a leveling system rather than a stabilizer. So I have a few specific questions:
Is it suitable/available for all floorplans, particularly TB?
The automatic version is obviously easier to operate, but it's ~$1000 more than a manual system. Does the manual system raise/lower pads in pair (front and rear) or individually? Is manual system going to be more reliable since it is simpler than the automatic?
Are you working with LTV to make it available as an option just like stabilizer?
Many thanks,
Jeff
Ok, here's some answers for you!

As far as all floor plans, that's tough to give a definite yes without being able to see every one of them in person, but I would say most likely, as long as we have sufficient time to work on it and the owner is open to some creativity in making it all work together.

The cost difference between the Auto Level and Level Lite systems really comes down to eliminating the Auto Level controller, and a much simpler keypad. Auto Level has been on the market for many years, and has proven to be incredibly reliable, so I would never suggest that Level Lite will be more or less reliable. It runs off the same pump and jacks as Auto Level, and has a relay panel instead of the controller, and a rocker switch panel instead of the Auto Level panel. They are both great set ups in my opinion.

Level Lite operates the jacks in pairs to eliminate the risk of bending or twisting the frame by only lifting one corner at a time. These jacks have a 7,500 pound capacity each.

We've had a couple conversations with LTV about making these systems an option just like our Stabi-Lite jacks are now, and how simple the process is with a bare chassis as opposed to adding it after market. I'm not sure they realize how many people are actually asking for this, but we plan to have more talks with them about this now that we've got one done and many more interested.
800-846-9659 ext.331
The Following User Says Thank You to Equalizer Systems For This Useful Post:
bigben (10-28-2016)