Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Great West Vans

Old 06-18-2019, 02:52 AM   #1
nash223

Question Dometic fridge problem

I have a 2006 dometic 3 way fridge that works perfect on 12 and 110 but not on propane. The flame is good, the gas pressure is correct, the flue is clean and clear. The boiler and absorber coils are not the same temperature when on gas, boiler hot and absorber not. I did accidentally run the fridge on gas at a steep angle but Iím told if that had caused a blockage it would not work in any mode. Any ideas? It is a manual control fridge.
nash223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:35 AM   #2
marklg

Default Re: Dometic fridge problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash223 View Post
I have a 2006 dometic 3 way fridge that works perfect on 12 and 110 but not on propane. The flame is good, the gas pressure is correct, the flue is clean and clear. The boiler and absorber coils are not the same temperature when on gas, boiler hot and absorber not. I did accidentally run the fridge on gas at a steep angle but Iím told if that had caused a blockage it would not work in any mode. Any ideas? It is a manual control fridge.
What does the yellow propane light do on the front of the fridge?

Mine did not work on propane and the light was blinking. I think it was not lighting. It was repaired by cleaning the burner. I had issues with the heater too. It would not light and I replaced the burner and orifice.

Wish I could be of more help, but I don't have much experience with these appliances.

Regards,

Mark
marklg is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to marklg For This Useful Post:
nash223 (06-20-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 01:31 PM   #3
nash223

Thanks for that. The flame on mine is good. Stays lit until I shut it off.
nash223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 08:58 PM   #4
Cousin Eddie

Having same problem and getting ready for extended trip from east coast to British Columbia. Any help greatly appreciated, or would anyone recommend a solid replacement fridge for the space. Thx
Cousin Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:00 PM   #5
Cousin Eddie

Someone else has had to have this problem, Iím about to purchase a refrigerated cooler to keep key items cold when canít connect to 110. Iím guessing after 13yrs this dometic fridges propane option is non operative or just to weak to use. Hopefully I can find a replacement fridge after August cross country trip.
Cousin Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:07 PM   #6
edfrompa
2008 ROADTREK on F/L 2500

When did you have it serviced last?? Hopefully you have a relationship with a reputable RV service center who should fix your problem. IF it works well on 110VAC it should work ALMOST AS WELL on gas or something is amiss.
Just my $0.02, others may disagree.
edfrompa is offline   Reply With Quote