Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Leisure Travel Vans > Unity

Old 06-16-2014, 05:09 PM   #41
joeframer44
2014 Unity MB/U-lounge

Default Re: 0 Defects at 7,000 miles!

Ah yes, the murphy bed. As this was only the second failure our dealer had ever seen (good news for the rest of you), it took quite a bit longer for the techs to figure it all out, including a couple of calls to LTV. Looking at the removed mechanism, it looked like there was some damage at the bottom of the two tracks. Think of a slide out, but on the vertical.

Running bed up and down with the new mechanism produced a slight clicking at the top and bottom, but the bed ran smoothly. So they took a bunch of pictures and will consult more with LTV, who will consult with Schwintek. We tried it when we got home and it ran smoothly with no noise. My thought is that there was some kind to misalignment when originally installed that caused to gears to not mesh properly and then fail.

The service people at the dealer were anxious to get it right and we feel that with LTV support the issue will be resolved.

Joe
joeframer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:06 AM   #42
corvbumz
2014 Silver MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeframer44 View Post

Do you have any issues with the seating cushions wanting to slide out from under you if you are laying down and shift your position?

Joe
No issues so far, but I have a sheet of non-slip shelf liner stored under the new cushion, so that might be helping.
corvbumz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:14 AM   #43
corvbumz
2014 Silver MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgustaf249 View Post
Is it the same size as the other table that folds down on each end?
I think it is smaller, but I haven't seen the folding table. It will easily hold two dinner plates and glasses.

I can measure the table, and post results, if that would help.
corvbumz is offline   Reply With Quote