Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > NCV3 Sprinters > NCV3 Write-Ups

NCV3 Write-Ups Help other NCV3 owners by posting your experience working on your Sprinter.

Old 10-07-2018, 01:02 AM   #51
Rpmextreme

Default Re: 07 Sprinter V8 LS 6.2 Conversion Engine Swap

Working on the bolt in engine mounts. This is the first test set cut on the plasma table. Once we dial it in they will be laser cut and powder coated.

Rpmextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rpmextreme For This Useful Post:
Emgo (11-04-2018)
Old 10-07-2018, 01:42 AM   #52
LifeByDesign

Love this. Please keep us posted on progress. IF my 3.0 ever dies this is the route I would take for sure.
LifeByDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LifeByDesign For This Useful Post:
N Z Motorsport (03-24-2019)
Old 11-07-2018, 03:15 PM   #53
WWSprinter

Any updates please? I am extremely interested in the final outcome as I also have a Sprinter with a blown engine, for which I need to find a permanent fix. This seems like a potentially ideal option!
WWSprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WWSprinter For This Useful Post:
blisspacket (12-20-2018), N Z Motorsport (03-24-2019)
Old 11-27-2018, 07:44 PM   #54
showkey

Thanked 1,670 Times in 1,141 Posts

This GM engine is also a common swap with Jaguar V12 owners as they go to lunch often. They ( JAGS) are under powered, overly complex and crazy stupid expensive. They get around the European wiring and CANBUS by using a PAINLESS wire harness very common in the hot rod industry.

There actually a aJAG kit for motor mounts etc.......
Old 11-27-2018, 10:59 PM   #55
lindenengineering

Thanked 10,442 Times in 5,322 Posts

Sorry but what are YOU talking about?????
The V12 Jaguar 5,3 was phased out in 1996.
Yes there were after market conversion kits for several Jaguar platforms using various Chevrolet engines; since both Chevrolet and Jaguar shared the same transmission, notably the Turbo 400.
All this is now destined for history & motoring nostalgia books.
Jaguar is owned by Tata and for many years previously it was owned by Ford .
Until recently Tata Jaguars AND Land Rovers exclusively used the 5 litre bases Ford AJ series GDi engines, unless diesel which is the Peugeot/Citroen based Lion engine.
Curious references!!
Dennis
lindenengineering is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 03:36 PM   #56
showkey

Thanked 1,670 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindenengineering View Post
Sorry but what are YOU talking about?????

Dennis
Google LS swap for Jaguar...........dozens of YouTube videos and list speciality shops selling the kits for various models and years. It’s even made to a few of the “Hotrod shows” on cable as well.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:13 PM   #57
Rpmextreme

I have been busy with other conversions. I have it pretty much ready to fire up.
Hopefully after the first of the year I will have some time.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rpmextreme For This Useful Post:
Bob Laps (12-24-2018), Emgo (12-22-2018), N Z Motorsport (03-24-2019), pacman_34 (01-07-2019), showkey (01-25-2019)
Old 03-24-2019, 05:15 AM   #58
N Z Motorsport

Hi , I'm new to this forum , but like other people , I'm wondering if you have any updates thanks Rpmextreme .

The other thing I would be interested in is Rpmextreme , and other peoples , thoughts on using a Mercedes V8 instead of the injected Chev ? I have a 2007 Viano ( V350 petrol v6 ) which I purchased with 320,000kms ( 210,000 miles ) and had been overheated . It is currently sitting here , and I was considering buying an early 2000's E500 or E55 complete car ( ones with rough bodies can be bought for around $2000 here ) -- the advantage may be easier computer programming ? Plus while I love the LS series V8's , I have a couple of Merc V8's as my own vehicles , and they seem more economical than the Chev too .

Brabus seem to do this Mercedes conversion , and a crowd in Britain look to have done at least 2 ( again , with Mercedes V8's ) , just wondering . I see there are a couple of others on-line with Toyota 4 litre V8's , but the quad-cam Toyota motor isn't a favourite of mine -- they are wide , rev well , but don't seem as torquey as the Chev and Merc motors -- I am looking at this conversion to use as a promo vehicle and also race car trailer hauler for our business .

Thanks guys and girls .
N Z Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:17 PM   #59
Rpmextreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Z Motorsport View Post
Hi , I'm new to this forum , but like other people , I'm wondering if you have any updates thanks Rpmextreme .

The other thing I would be interested in is Rpmextreme , and other peoples , thoughts on using a Mercedes V8 instead of the injected Chev ? I have a 2007 Viano ( V350 petrol v6 ) which I purchased with 320,000kms ( 210,000 miles ) and had been overheated . It is currently sitting here , and I was considering buying an early 2000's E500 or E55 complete car ( ones with rough bodies can be bought for around $2000 here ) -- the advantage may be easier computer programming ? Plus while I love the LS series V8's , I have a couple of Merc V8's as my own vehicles , and they seem more economical than the Chev too .

Brabus seem to do this Mercedes conversion , and a crowd in Britain look to have done at least 2 ( again , with Mercedes V8's ) , just wondering . I see there are a couple of others on-line with Toyota 4 litre V8's , but the quad-cam Toyota motor isn't a favourite of mine -- they are wide , rev well , but don't seem as torquey as the Chev and Merc motors -- I am looking at this conversion to use as a promo vehicle and also race car trailer hauler for our business .

Thanks guys and girls .
Now that the weather is getting better I plan on finishing it up.

Im not sure on a merc engine. it would have to be close to the same year so the electronics and can bus would be the same and you would also have too be able to custom tune it. In the states its hard to tune Mercedes.

With our GM setup the sprinter still has the stock ECU in place and the rest of the vehicle is happy. our can bus module sends the GM signals like the Merc ecu and it never knows the difference. And a bonus is anyone can get the software to tune GM computers.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rpmextreme For This Useful Post:
Bob Laps (03-26-2019), CJPJ (09-11-2019), Emgo (03-26-2019), Flagster (03-26-2019), SvenOz (04-17-2019)
Old 04-17-2019, 05:35 AM   #60
SvenOz

hey there

Great job!!

Iím very interested in this. Howís it going? Wanted to do this myself but the electronics looked pretty complex. Seems like your Jeep conversions means you are already more than half way there.

Iím in Australia (obviously) so most interested if the least is shipped in a potential kit, ie, no engine, trans, etc, just the electronics and engine mounts, as shipping the rest will be cost prohibitive. Currently looking seriously at a local kit for the older ones which is now available in Australia for the T1Ns, but MUCH prefer an early NCV3.

Over here we have to retain all of the pollution gear from the engine, which must be newer than the vehicle. Will this all be retained? Will be using Holden Commodore as donor car for the parts. Itís sold in the US I think rebadged as Chevy SS.

My plan is a SWB (which you donít get), auto, and do a 4x4 conversion (full time and part time 4x4), rear locker (working out now), Dana 35/with ATB LSD. Then fit out as campe to replace my current AWD Vw camper.

Would love to be kept posted of updates and ETA. Any chance you could keep me posted by PM?

Cheers

Sven

Ps

Hereís a self done video of a T1N done in Australia. They used the Mercedes tank and hybrid pump Frankenstein of commodore and sprinter pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenOz View Post
Ps

Hereís a self done video of a T1N done in Australia. They used the Mercedes tank and hybrid pump Frankenstein of commodore and sprinter pump.

Hereís the link

Last edited by hkpierce; 09-19-2019 at 12:30 AM.
SvenOz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SvenOz For This Useful Post:
Marshy.. (06-02-2019)

Tags
blown engine