Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > VS30 Sprinters > VS30 Write-Ups

VS30 Write-Ups Help other VS30 owners by posting your experience working on your Sprinter.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:25 PM   #31
oldblue

Default Re: Clark 2.0 - 2019 2WD Iridium Silver 144"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMAC View Post
Wheels and Tires!

So 17x7.5 is was...paired with BFG KO2 255/70 R17. The fit is perfect and the set looks really good. I could have gone with a bigger tire by using Agile Off Roads mud flap kit ($349) but I don't think larger tires would have looked as good on the 2WD.
So this size fits with no lift or other modification? I have the same van and am wondering what size tire can be put on with no additional mods. For me it would be more about aesthetics than because of a real need. I wish it was different, but the reality is that I will be on dirt or in snow at most a few times a year. The rest of the time is just a daily driver. So, I can't justify spending too much, but the off road tires and rims really do improve the look.
oldblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:38 PM   #32
AndyMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
So this size fits with no lift or other modification? I have the same van and am wondering what size tire can be put on with no additional mods. For me it would be more about aesthetics than because of a real need. I wish it was different, but the reality is that I will be on dirt or in snow at most a few times a year. The rest of the time is just a daily driver. So, I can't justify spending too much, but the off road tires and rims really do improve the look.
Yes! Fits with zero modification. I also haven't noticed a difference in MPG and I think it drives a little better with the softer tire.
AndyMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:12 AM   #33
oldblue

Thanks. Did you change the spare too? If so, does it fit in the underneath cage?
oldblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:57 AM   #34
AndyMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
Thanks. Did you change the spare too? If so, does it fit in the underneath cage?

I have not changed the spare yet. Iím waiting on Owl vans to release the rear tire carrier for the 2019. They said probably by the end of October. In the event of a flat I do have the regular steel spare and full set of lugs, because the lugs for the Method wheels will not fit the steel spare. I do not think the Method wheel with that size tire would fit in the underneath cage without some sort of modification though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AndyMAC is offline   Reply With Quote