Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > NCV3 Sprinters > NCV3 Write-Ups

NCV3 Write-Ups Help other NCV3 owners by posting your experience working on your Sprinter.

Old 09-11-2019, 01:36 PM   #71
Rpmextreme

Default Re: 07 Sprinter V8 LS 6.2 Conversion Engine Swap

We also found the front end was a little lower than stock due to the extra weight of the engine. We installed a 2" front coil over setup from Agile Offroad.

Rpmextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 09:41 PM   #72
SvenOz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpmextreme View Post
We also found the front end was a little lower than stock due to the extra weight of the engine. We installed a 2" front coil over setup from Agile Offroad.

Is that the standard 250 rate spring that AO supply? And is it spot on or is a slight different rate better?

I know there is exhaust etc, and to add to it, am actually looking at a 4x2 to 4x4 at same time, so already up for a tail shaft (well actually 2 and 2 drive shafts to boot)

Keenly waiting. Without the electronics able to be sorted this will not be started as wont be able to get it on the road here.
SvenOz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SvenOz For This Useful Post:
jsrmonster (09-16-2019)
Old 09-16-2019, 02:18 PM   #73
Rpmextreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenOz View Post
Is that the standard 250 rate spring that AO supply? And is it spot on or is a slight different rate better?

I know there is exhaust etc, and to add to it, am actually looking at a 4x2 to 4x4 at same time, so already up for a tail shaft (well actually 2 and 2 drive shafts to boot)

Keenly waiting. Without the electronics able to be sorted this will not be started as wont be able to get it on the road here.
Stock springs the way AO supplied. It looks to be level on the lowest setting. I have not driven it yet, but it will be driven real soon.

With the fitment of everything I really don't think this will work with a 4x4 sprinter.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:48 PM   #74
Rpmextreme

I drove it today for the first time. She runs good and sounds BA. I tried to do a burnout but the dually tires had too much bite. lol
Old 09-17-2019, 02:37 PM   #75
Rpmextreme

OK so the first issue has been noticed. The power steering doesn't work very good at idle and slow speeds. We are using a GM truck PS pump and the stock sprinter steering rack.
Does anyone know what the stock sprinter power steering pump puts out for pressure?

We did find a restrictor in the return line, we removed it and it didn't really change much. Im guessing that this GM pump was made to work with a steering gear box which usually requires more volume and pressure than a rack style. I would have guessed it to have over sensitive steering but we have the opposite.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:57 PM   #76
Midwestdrifter

Thanked 6,467 Times in 4,089 Posts

The sprinters have pretty significant caster (2-3 degrees on the early models). Does the GM pump have a pressure relief spring/valve? If so you may be able to swap the spring for a heavier one (or just shim it a little). That will get you higher assist pressure.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:56 PM   #77
Rpmextreme

We got the AC working today. still have a few random warning lights that I need to address. so far so good.

I also noticed a little shimmy or vibration in the rear when accelerating. Im going to look at the angle of the transmission output compared to the driveshaft.

Then I will see about raising the power steering pressure to see if it helps the low speed assist.

Tags
blown engine