Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > NCV3 Sprinters > NCV3 Talk

NCV3 Talk General Discussions related to NCV3 Sprinters.

Old 09-17-2019, 06:36 PM   #11
Redpillar

Default Re: Broke the Fuel Return/Leak Oil Line "Tee" doing a filter change - Ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagster View Post
Is the difficulty in replacing that in that you can't remove the broken piece inside the line?
I had a brass fitting that I used to get me to the shop. it leaked almost right away. I had to cut the hose to get the plastic piece out and there is nearly zero slack. If you can get the broken piece out that brass t looks like a good option though..
Redpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Redpillar For This Useful Post:
Flagster (09-17-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 10:15 AM   #12
ScoCan

Default Re: Broke the Fuel Return/Leak Oil Line "Tee" doing a filter change - Ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagster View Post
Is the difficulty in replacing that in that you can't remove the broken piece inside the line?
On the late models, the leak oil line is an assembly and the fittings, including the tees, are permanently attached to the hose.

That said, where there is a will, there is a way, and I carefully drilled out the old barbs from the tee. I'll include more photos and info after my next trip under the hood this weekend.

My current goal is to replace the entire assembly.
ScoCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:41 AM   #13
ScoCan

Planning on replacing the old leak oil line and people with far more knowledge that I have said I need to replace the seals on the turbo silencer.

I know the turbocharger inlet seal (MB: 0000940051, Item 220 in the drawing) is a candidate for replacement.

What other seals actually require replacement when removing the turbo silencer to replace the leak oil line?? I'm simply not sure from the drawing and I want to make sure they are on hand for the job.

Last edited by ScoCan; 09-18-2019 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Added additional image
ScoCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 01:51 PM   #14
capav8r

I replaced #170, 220 and 230 in the above drawing. Along with the o-rings on each injector, where the leak line attaches.
Old 09-18-2019, 05:43 PM   #15
turbo911

o rings replacement is a must @$3 each. my understanding is that you can buy the individual pieces separately. i replaced mine in 2 hrs complete. make sure you hear a click when you install the fitting over the nipple on fuel injector. check out u tube
turbo911 is offline   Reply With Quote