Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Airstream > Interstate

Old 06-22-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
ben322

Default Chasing Down Rattles

Overall, the AS has been relatively quiet on the road, (much more so than our last Chevy RT or my dads SS Agile), but in the interest of silencing those little things that get on your nerves, I discovered a small rattle that could be a problem for some late model Interstates.

Pulling out the lower drawer in the galley cabinet, the sink waste line was rattling against a corner of the cabinet which surprisingly put a very small notch in the schedule 40 line. I figure it would probably be fine for a long time before a failure, I nevertheless put a little double-sided insulated foam tape which will also keep the pipe from rattling.

The other thing that helped was to place some silicone buttons on the pull-down sections of the day-night shades.
ben322 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ben322 For This Useful Post:
Onedeirdre (09-19-2012)
Old 09-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
bill@lovvornlumber.com
lbr1

Default Re: Chasing Down Rattles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben322 View Post
Overall, the AS has been relatively quiet on the road, (much more so than our last Chevy RT or my dads SS Agile), but in the interest of silencing those little things that get on your nerves, I discovered a small rattle that could be a problem for some late model Interstates.

Pulling out the lower drawer in the galley cabinet, the sink waste line was rattling against a corner of the cabinet which surprisingly put a very small notch in the schedule 40 line. I figure it would probably be fine for a long time before a failure, I nevertheless put a little double-sided insulated foam tape which will also keep the pipe from rattling.

The other thing that helped was to place some silicone buttons on the pull-down sections of the day-night shades.

We found that the cover on our heater was a major source of rattles.
bill@lovvornlumber.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
Boludo

Very true!! The water heater styrofoam was extremely annoying. I ended up putting a little buffer where the 2 halves come together and that made all the difference.

The only other issues I have are the sliding door has annoying rattles that I don't know how to take care of yet.

Also, on my 2011 the popout door inside the bathroom, once closed still has some rattle as it is not secured tightly. Is anyone doing anything about that?
Boludo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
73shark
2011 AS Interstate (sold)

I found that the plastic on the rear doors causes a lot of the noise in mine when hitting bumps. Thinking about stuffing some fiberglass insulation behind them to prevent that.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:35 AM   #5
Stevec
SteveC

My largest rattle was the upper, rear corner of the slider door. There is a hard plastic plug that is threaded into the door. I found it had vibrated in a bit. After screwing it out and adjusting accordingly, Silence!
Stevec is offline   Reply With Quote