Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > General Forums > Off Topic

Off Topic Nonrelated Sprinter things to say? This is the place to be (although certain threads that are politically or religiously charged will be moved to the DZ).
SubForums: Health The Funnies The Danger Zone

Old 06-25-2019, 12:48 AM   #1
The Grand Tour

Default What's quicker+faster 1/4 mile- a stock Dodge SRT Demon or a stock Porsche 991 GT2RS?

The Dodge SRT Demon is clearly built to set a quarter-mile time- it comes on 315mm-wide DOT drag radial tires with a treadwear rating of "00", it has a 6.2-liter supercharged V8 engine, it has a trans brake, and it comes with no passenger seating.

The Porsche 991 GT2 RS is NOT built to set a quarter-mile time- it's built to go around corners quickly. It comes on tires that are not designed for drag racing (180 treadwear rating), it has a 3.8-liter turbocharged six-cylinder engine, and no trans brake. It does come with a passenger seat.
The Grand Tour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:11 PM   #2
The Grand Tour

Default Re: What's quicker+faster 1/4 mile- a stock Dodge SRT Demon or a stock Porsche 991 GT

Since no one has been able to figure out the answer, I will give you that the 991 GT2 RS "Widowmaker" has larger rear tires (325/30ZR21) than the Dodge Demon (315/40R18) and a better horsepower-to-weight ratio.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:46 PM   #3
bladerunner

Thanked 4,715 Times in 3,135 Posts
Default Re: What's quicker+faster 1/4 mile- a stock Dodge SRT Demon or a stock Porsche 991 GT

Thanks Vic.
For having lived long, I have experienced many instances of being obliged, by better information or fuller consideration, to change opinions, even on important subjects, which I once thought right but found to be otherwise. Benjamin Franklin

LET THE FACTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES!:

Science - Here are the facts, now what conclusions can we draw from them?

Religion - Here are the conclusions, now what facts can we find to support them?
bladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bladerunner For This Useful Post:
Bobnoxious (06-26-2019), CJPJ (06-27-2019), The Grand Tour (06-27-2019)
Old 06-27-2019, 05:02 AM   #4
bladerunner

Thanked 4,715 Times in 3,135 Posts

Is this what is called talking to oneself??
For having lived long, I have experienced many instances of being obliged, by better information or fuller consideration, to change opinions, even on important subjects, which I once thought right but found to be otherwise. Benjamin Franklin

LET THE FACTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES!:

Science - Here are the facts, now what conclusions can we draw from them?

Religion - Here are the conclusions, now what facts can we find to support them?
bladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bladerunner For This Useful Post:
The Grand Tour (06-27-2019)
Old 06-27-2019, 06:43 AM   #5
The Grand Tour

There is a problem with most tests of the Demon- every single Demon test I've seen, has involved Demons that have been modified with aftermarket and accessory parts off-highway racing parts, as well as using racing gas.

And Dodge's own "test" is utterly absurd. In addition to a professional drag racing driver and a drag strip rented and professionally-prepared specifically for this attempt, Dodge used a specially-prepared single-seat Demon with racing gas, off-highway racing wheels, off-highway racing tires, off-highway racing ECM, an exterior rear-view mirror block-off, and an accessory open-element air filter unit. And most importantly, it also involved a freakishly low DA (Air Density) of a HALF MILE below sea level, on a 38-degree day late in November. You'd stand a better chance of winning the lottery than ever making a pass under conditions like that yourself.

Realistically, in the hands of the average consumer, the typical street-legal Dodge Demon in stock form is a solid 11-second vehicle.
Old 06-27-2019, 07:21 PM   #6
Matt Foley

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grand Tour View Post
Realistically, in the hands of the average consumer, the typical street-legal Dodge Demon in stock form is a solid 11-second vehicle.
Lmao.
Matt Foley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 08:29 PM   #7
The Grand Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
Lmao.
Do you have any evidence to offer of ANY stock street-legal Demon doing any better than that?

Road & Track made multiple attempts and was able to do no better than 11s, even with extensive professional driver coaching. And that was on a drag strip professionally-prepared specifically for this attempt, in a Demon specially-prepared by Dodge with racing gas, off-highway racing wheels, off-highway aftermarket racing tires, off-highway racing ECM, an exterior rear-view mirror block-off, and an accessory open-element air filter unit.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...n-first-drive/

Last edited by The Grand Tour; 06-27-2019 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-27-2019, 10:01 PM   #8
Matt Foley

Quote:
Do you have any evidence to offer of ANY stock street-legal Demon doing any better than that?

Road & Track made multiple attempts and was able to do no better than 11s, even with extensive professional driver coaching. And that was on a drag strip professionally-prepared specifically for this attempt, in a Demon specially-prepared by Dodge with racing gas, off-highway racing wheels, off-highway aftermarket racing tires, off-highway racing ECM, an exterior rear-view mirror block-off, and an accessory open-element air filter unit.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...n-first-drive/
I have first-hand experience with a stock Hellcat on street tires doing high 10s.

The Hellcat forum has lots of stock demons with MT ET street R (a DOT legal tire) running high 9s, some on stock Nittos
https://www.hellcat.org/threads/demo...e-list.180457/

It's OK, lots of people suck at drag racing. These threads are becoming tiresome tho.
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Foley For This Useful Post:
bladerunner (06-27-2019)
Old 06-27-2019, 11:12 PM   #9
The Grand Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
The Hellcat forum has lots of stock demons with MT ET street R (a DOT legal tire) running high 9s, some on stock Nittos
https://www.hellcat.org/threads/demo...e-list.180457/
The Demon doesn't come on MT ET Street R tires, so that's not stock. The Demon comes on Nitto NT05R tires- four of them.

Ihave never seen a stock Demon in the 9s. Under excellent conditions, i would believe MAYBE a 10.50.

Quote:
It's OK, lots of people suck at drag racing.
I'll have to take your word for that- my history in NHRA sanctioned drag racing dates back to the '70s, and I made a living at it for part of that time.

Last edited by sikwan; 06-28-2019 at 04:45 AM. Reason: cleaned
Old 06-28-2019, 12:33 AM   #10
Matt Foley

Quote:
Parroting someone else's internet claims is not "first hand experience".

The Demon doesn't come on Nitto ET Street R tires, so that's not stock. The Demon comes on Nitto NT05R tires- four of them.

Ihave never seen a stock Demon in the 9s. Under excellent conditions, i would believe MAYBE a 10.50.

I'll have to take your word for that- my history in NHRA sanctioned drag racing dates back to the '70s, and I made a living at it for part of that time.
I do. 3 buddies with Hellcats and I have a lightly modded CTSV that runs high tens on street tires.

No one said "Nitto ET Street R tires."

Vast, vast amounts of evidence of stock Demons running 9s, let alone under 10s.

Last edited by sikwan; 06-28-2019 at 04:44 AM. Reason: cleaned