Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > VS30 Sprinters > VS30 4x4 Talk

VS30 4x4 Talk General Discussions related to VS30 4x4 Sprinters.

Old 12-05-2019, 02:08 PM   #591
The Goshawk

Default Re: 2019 4x4 Delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanomechanic View Post
I ordered another van but from Dusseldorf this time. May take longer to get but at least van will not be plagued with issues. Those Charleston produced vans seem to be hit and miss on the quality. Order a Charleston build at your own risk.
Most colors are available for German built vans. Last I heard Charleston is now down to only black and white choice.No more silver
This is a commercial division, we are a small market of obsessive folks living in fantasy land. Cannot compare it to buying a regular car. MB caters well to business community , bulk fleet orders and those guys are not looking for finesse. Most importantly no matter what you choose, MB will decide where your van will be built, no guarantees on country. For now yes due to teething issues in Charleston some orders are being routed to Düsseldorf. Save yourself another disappointment if after all this your van gets built in Charleston!
The Goshawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Goshawk For This Useful Post:
Boxster1971 (12-05-2019)
Old 12-05-2019, 03:17 PM   #592
Mr Makai

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goshawk View Post
This is a commercial division, we are a small market of obsessive folks living in fantasy land. Cannot compare it to buying a regular car. MB caters well to business community , bulk fleet orders and those guys are not looking for finesse. Most importantly no matter what you choose, MB will decide where your van will be built, no guarantees on country. For now yes due to teething issues in Charleston some orders are being routed to Düsseldorf. Save yourself another disappointment if after all this your van gets built in Charleston!
Amazon: I'll take 25000 please

Me: just one and it needs to be special

In an era were most cars are offered in a few bundled packages it is a bit of a miracle you can still spec one of these exactly as you want it. But you do have to wait.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited by Mr Makai; 12-05-2019 at 03:19 PM.
Mr Makai is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Makai For This Useful Post:
Boxster1971 (12-05-2019), The Goshawk (12-06-2019)
Old 12-05-2019, 03:36 PM   #593
sanomechanic

Quote:
, MB will decide where your van will be built, no guarantees on country. For now yes due to teething issues in Charleston some orders are being routed to Düsseldorf. Save yourself another disappointment if after all this your van gets built in Charleston!
The van has been supposedly built since July. Set for release 9/2 then pulled and changed to 11/30. December and Still no van. These undelivered vans are what they claim are "rework status" or " missing parts" or PNS or what ever other story the MBVANS managers tell the dealers. I suspect damaged during assembly and/or must be taken apart to fix critical issues such as wrong wiring harness installed or maybe cut during production.
Anyhow...there are so many reports of problems with these vans built between May and August. From paint issues, fuel leaks, 4x4 not engaging, ordered items missing. The list goes on and on. If a van was completed back in July. It only makes sense there is a good reason it continues to just sit for months on end.
Sitting up for months creates...Flat spotted tires, early battery failures, rusted brake rotors . This creates brake pulsations once you start driving. I'm sure plenty critters like spiders and wasps are setting up homesteads as well.
Remember where these vans are sitting . In a swamp cooking in the sun! that should really help condition those wet wiper systems.
Taking delivery of a van that has all these mysterious circumstances is indeed asking for more disappointment. The vans that have been produced after end of August have been flowing to dealers with out delay, complications or any complaints on the forum or elsewhere. this is not a commercial 'bulk fleet ordering" related situation I can assure you. Furthermore if a van has KP in the VIN number it is built in Germany. No reason for more disappointment there.

Last edited by sanomechanic; 12-05-2019 at 03:50 PM.
sanomechanic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 05:47 PM   #594
VanGoSki

Quote:
For now yes due to teething issues in Charleston some orders are being routed to Düsseldorf. Save yourself another disappointment if after all this your van gets built in Charleston!
Where are you getting your information?

When you order a Sprinter, the build location and production window are specified in the PO. Code Z4V is for production in Dusseldorf and vans from Charleston are code Z4X. It would seem highly unlikely that MB could switch a build location and keep the same production date. Plus of course it would require a change to the PO. Do you have first-hand knowledge that this is happening?
VanGoSki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VanGoSki For This Useful Post:
sanomechanic (12-05-2019)
Old 12-05-2019, 06:16 PM   #595
sanomechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanGoSki View Post
Where are you getting your information?

When you order a Sprinter, the build location and production window are specified in the PO. Code Z4V is for production in Dusseldorf and vans from Charleston are code Z4X. It would seem highly unlikely that MB could switch a build location and keep the same production date. Plus of course it would require a change to the PO. Do you have first-hand knowledge that this is happening?
If you read his past post. You can see he has little product knowledge
Old 12-05-2019, 10:06 PM   #596
drbutton

Question Re: 2019 4x4 Delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 430 hp 70 View Post
Looking for a low roof passenger. I'm told they will be Charleston only.
I did not know that Daimler made a "low roof" passenger van. I was told by two dealers that they did not. Ford Transits DO come with a low roof passenger option - I should know I own one. Has something changed?
drbutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 11:17 PM   #597
430 hp 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbutton View Post
I did not know that Daimler made a "low roof" passenger van. I was told by two dealers that they did not. Ford Transits DO come with a low roof passenger option - I should know I own one. Has something changed?

Low/standard roof passenger. I use those interchangeably, but I believe it's actually called "standard". Sprinters only have the 2 options, transits have 3.

They stopped producing a standard roof passenger because it does not meet federal roll over requirements. They have supposedly found a solution by designing windows that provide more structural support and allow the van to pass.

In 2019 a high roof was the only option for passengers. In 2020 they list standard roofs in the ordering guide as TBD and have added a roughly $3k option if you want the high roof. All indicators are pointing to a standard roof passenger becoming a reality, but the question is when....

For me it comes down to the fact that it will be the wife's daily driver and the initial 3k. Plus probably more $$$$ when she forgets how tall it is.
430 hp 70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 05:31 AM   #598
The Goshawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanomechanic View Post
If you read his past post. You can see he has little product knowledge
Yup, could be a she too:)) looks like you assume a lot, no wonder disappointment finds you!
The Goshawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:05 AM   #599
sanomechanic

Quote:
Yup, could be a she too:)) looks like you assume a lot, no wonder disappointment finds you!
I know the Sprinter product and the ordering process quite well. Sorry to disappoint you. He/She/Tranny Forum Troll or whatever you may be. You should spend more time learning, reading and paying attention. End of the day your obviously clueless on how the custom ordering, purchase orders, and production is performed.

Last edited by sanomechanic; 12-06-2019 at 03:06 PM.
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM   #600
HarryN

It's too bad that Amazon doesn't spec a van with more features. That would potentially drive volume in the crew market and vans that are easy to turn into conversions when the lease ends.

I am hopeful that the need to report end of year financial results will help clean up the vehicles sitting in inventory.

In the meantime, ford is having trouble with shipping transits as well, especially the crew versions.

https://wirlnet-inc.square.site
HarryN is offline   Reply With Quote