Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Roadtrek

Old 03-13-2017, 12:22 AM   #1
manfromwahoo
2015 CS Adventurous

Default More Alde Issues

We are having Alde issues again. After many problems, and then posting on the RT FB forum, Road Trek finally authorized the replacement of the propane/electric Alde in our 2015 CS. This was done in mid-January by a Texas dealer. The new unit had been working fine up until now. Suddenly, we have this 'sighing' noise coming out of the Alde compartment right after running the bathroom hot water faucet. At first I thought that it was the water pump making the noise but that's on the co-pilot's side of the coach and there's no noise coming from out of there other than the normal water pump sound. So, I have ruled out the water pump. I then opened up the compartment where the Alde is and turned on the bathroom hot water faucet and then shut it off. Clearly, the sound is coming right out of the Alde unit. I then tried the cold water faucet and it works fine but there is no sound coming from the Alde and I'm sure that is the way it's supposed to work because the cold water is not routed thru the Alde. I think that it has to be something in the Alde itself. Now, we have turned the Alde off and have noticed that when we turn on the water pump it sometimes runs without the faucets open and we have water dripping out from underneath. And when we turn on either of the faucets it stops leaking underneath. I've done this test with the Alde on and off and it makes no difference. I note that the Alde compartment itself is dry.
Of course the water tank emptied quickly and the gray tank filled up quickly what with all the testing. Fortunately we are in an RV Park so we dumped the tanks and hooked the water hose up to the RT and it seems to be doing OK this way. We have the Alde shut off and will leave it off until we can figure this out. Meanwhile we'll heat the coach with our little portable electric heater and try to heat the dish water with the In-Sink-Erater Instant Hot/Filtered water gadget.
Updating. The wife just used the hot water faucet in the bathroom and it started to leak again underneath; and we heard the sighing sound from the Alde when she shut it off. We have turned off the water at the post and will wait awhile and then see if we can use just the cold water faucets. Just love these RVs!!!
manfromwahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:39 PM   #2
MrB

Default Re: More Alde Issues

"runs without the faucets open and we have water dripping out from underneath. And when we turn on either of the faucets it stops leaking underneath...the Alde compartment itself is dry."

Could there be a leak at one of the faucets?
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrB For This Useful Post:
manfromwahoo (03-14-2017)
Old 03-14-2017, 07:04 PM   #3
manfromwahoo
2015 CS Adventurous

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...3137558&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2902558&type=3
manfromwahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 04:37 AM   #4
MrB

I think there are two overflow tubes that exit the van in that area. You can see them from the inside left rear cabinet. One comes from the top of the Alde glycol reservoir in the pantry cabinet and is the emergency overflow. The other is , I think, the drain for the Alde frosty protection valve. Not sure that helps based on your description of problem.
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 06:00 AM   #5
GeorgeRa
2013 Sprinter DIY 144WB

Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,582 Posts

I donít have Roadtrek, somehow your thread popped up in my todays posts list. I was not aware that Roadtrek is using Alde hydronic heating, interesting. I know Alde from EU but wasnít aware that they are selling here. I have my own diesel hydronic system but mainly for hot water.

I am not sure you have Alde problem if the system itself is dry, you water system canít take the pressure from the water pump. Just because the sound comes from Alde it doesnít mean the leak is there, it could just resonate there. It is possible that the Alde hot water tank pressure relieve valve failed (see the picture) and it is not holding water pressure so trace this overflow tube. Your system stops leaking after turning faucets because it leaks at higher pressure, with faucets running the pressure is low and leak stops. If water pump cycles on and off it means that the water pressure decays and pump sensor turns the water pump back on to increase the water pressure.

I would suggest to trace the Aldi hot water tank overflow for water presence as well as all cold and hot water lines to search for an issue. Good luck,

George.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled2.jpg (73.9 KB, 35 views)

https://goo.gl/photos/2NCR3teXLSwNYSwN8
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgeRa For This Useful Post:
manfromwahoo (03-18-2017)