Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Thor

Thor Chateau Citation, Four Winds Siesta

Old 01-01-2019, 02:32 PM   #11
cj11363

Default Re: 3.2 Cummins Onan Diesel Gen Issues

The battery disconnect switch on our 2014 J model is one of the 2 switches nearest the bottom of the coach door... Your model might vary, check your owners manual for details. You will know that you found the correct switch if the coach lights don't work after pressing it ( assuming that the engine and generator are off and that you are disconnected from shore power ).
cj11363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 04:21 PM   #12
Kingrocks

[QUOTE=cj11363;726440]I've discovered that timing is also import. I need to press the red button until the display shows "QD3200 ..." , and release the red button BEFORE the display shows "generator off

After disconnecting from shore power do we connect back to the house (sorry if this seems like a dumb question but I've learned to take nothing for granted :) before we start your process?
Kingrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 05:29 PM   #13
Kingrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj11363 View Post
I've discovered that timing is also import. I need to press the red button until the display shows "QD3200 ..." , and release the red button BEFORE the display shows "generator off".
Thanks for your help and guidance unfortunately it did not work for us, the Ginny made it the 1st try for 4 minutes then sputtered screen read "GEN CAL" . checked manual for what that meant, (GENERATOR CALCULATING NOT READY TO PRODUCE AC VOLTAGE WAIT A FEW SECONDS) the 2nd try ran for about a minute screen read "GEN alert" while shutting down I made sure the timing of start was when the screen read QB3200. We had the air conditioner, fridge tv and all lights turned off
We will get her into the Onan shop tomorrow a.m. unless a miracle happens
Thanks again
Kingrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 09:34 PM   #14
Winn Bago

What did you pay for kit A048W719? Did it solve your problem? I found a low tech solution, I folded a business card into a square about the size of the red button, stuck it to a 3 inch long piece of duct tape and use it to keep pressure on the red button. To stop the gen just release one end of the tape. I've ran the gen several hours now this way with no problem.
Winn Bago is offline   Reply With Quote