Who has a better camp site than me?

mtncrawler

I’ve carried mine on the side with an 80/20 rack for two years. 5 minutes to load or unload.
I actually started my "GSW" replica this fall (have the solar, rack, end pivot arrangement) - just ran out of time. Have the sea suckers and vertical 8020 to mount. Since I only did 2, 100 panels - the length between the downward vertical legs are closer together. It'll work to mount ski racks, maybe SUP - but I'd need to add a third roof crossbar closer to the front (or add another panel?) to have good span for a longer item like a kayak. :thumbup:

surferJ

With wifey egging me on up some sheep trails, “that’s why you got this thing!”, we lucked out with some beautiful windless and clear Pyrénées mountain nights to end the year. These shots are from two camps near the French/Spanish border. About 2500’ and 5000’. The the lack or wind yielded an extraordinary silence. The second night brought the occasional far away rockslide roars. The the big van felt small up there.

Attachments

glasseye

What? Big Sur and no shot of the Bixby Bridge? :idunno:

Just kidding. Lovely pix, MotoXpress. Wish I was there.

ENMeyer

Top of Vail pass while it's puking snow. Thankfully, I'm fully stocked with beer, diesel, whiskey, and snacks. I should be able to survive until spring.....

OffroadHamster

^^Awesome winter for snowsports!!

We call it nuking (well i do anyway), and its been nuking in the Sierra since before turkey day. Ive got 19 days on the hill and its only JANUARY!

Were rolling out for Steamboat, J-hole and Big Sky tomorrow night. SKI TRIP!! Wiper fluid mixed down with ammonia and IPA, new blades, rain-x on the glass, recovery gear and traction aids, nato cans filled up, shovel packed, Espar de-coked and running in tip top shape, and extra down gear in case it craps out again when its 10 degrees outside.

The weather is calling for POW!!!!

Wish me luck on 15, 70 and God help me, on 80 (If i could get through there just ONCE in the winter without them closing those pikes!).

ENMeyer

We call it nuking (well i do anyway), and its been nuking in the Sierra since before turkey day. Ive got 19 days on the hill and its only JANUARY!

Were rolling out for Steamboat, J-hole and Big Sky tomorrow night. SKI TRIP!! Wiper fluid mixed down with ammonia and IPA, new blades, rain-x on the glass, recovery gear and traction aids, nato cans filled up, shovel packed, Espar de-coked and running in tip top shape, and extra down gear in case it craps out again when its 10 degrees outside.

Wish me luck on 15, 70 and God help me, on 80 (If i could get through there just ONCE in the winter without them closing those pikes!).
The plow left me a 30" ridge of snow that I had to shovel to get out this morning. Oh well.

We skied Big Sky at Thanksgiving. Great place with HEATED chairlift seats!
Also did a snow cat trip at Steamboat a few weeks back. Really great snow, and it's snowed many feet since then.

Sounds like the van is locked and loaded and ready to go....

Enjoy.

marc1

I am totally jealous . Sounds like an epic trip. Enjoy Steamboat, I lived there in the late 80's and it was my favorite mountain in all of Colorado

mtncrawler

Top of Vail pass while it's puking snow. Thankfully, I'm fully stocked with beer, diesel, whiskey, and snacks. I should be able to survive until spring.....
Is that in the rest area @ Vail pass? Been looking for overnight spots up there to save the back and forth...

Top Bottom