Agile TV replacement

What is the best model of TV to replace the original one that came with Agile? The reason is that I want the new set be able to play mp4 movies by plug the hard drive into TV USB port.

thanks
2011 Agiles

RT.SS

I changed my TV to Insignia TV/DVD combo because it works on 12 volts, no need for inverter, but it won’t play video off USB connection only pictures. My Samsung TV at home can play MP4 videos from USB but not all, you see, MP4 is a container format and may contain different audio and video codec which may not be supported by the TV, so it’s a hit or miss unless you convert the video yourself.

There are inexpensive standalone Digital Media Player that hooks into your existing TV via AV cable which enables you to play digital medias from USB stick/ portable hard drives. Look it up on Amazon: digital media player for USB drives.

rapper

i changed mine with 28" Smart Visio. Exact fit as it has a very slim body compared to the Samsung TV. Also changed the crappy Sony HTS with Samsung HTS. HDMI connection between the two with AnyNet enabled.

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
If you want to be cheap, get a network box that plays back internet videos. The ones that have YouTube and Netflix on them. Most of those that have a USB port (read not the AppleTV or any "stick" product) can have usb drive plugged in and play back videos from them. Of course if there are OTHER reasons to get a new TV I am not complaining. I have seen 40" UHD TVs on the market, like from Samsung and Visio. Crazy high rez, great second monitor for your computer.

-Randy

Top Bottom