How long is an RS macerator hose?

mowog

Hi: the kanaflex hose on our 2011 RS had a split in the hose about 30" from the outlet. I still have enough to get to every dump I've used, but I am now pulling the hose out until I hit a "stop". I've probably never had the hose fully extended before.

I've searched for a total hose replacement write up, but can't find anything (I think I saw one somewhere, but can't find it). I'm thinking of replacing the hose, and can obviously add the hose end I had to cut off with the remaining hose to get the original length. I would like to have the hose on hand, even if I wait until I really have to replace it.

Thanks, Bob

Roada

Not sure how long the kanaflex hose is on the RS, but we had the Sani con hose on our last RT Chevy van, that stretched out to 21'. If our Kanflex hose on our RS needs replacing we would be replacing it with the Sani con hose. Very flexible and stored in a small compartment.

AndyWren

Hi: the kanaflex hose on our 2011 RS had a split in the hose about 30" from the outlet. I still have enough to get to every dump I've used, but I am now pulling the hose out until I hit a "stop". I've probably never had the hose fully extended before.

I've searched for a total hose replacement write up, but can't find anything (I think I saw one somewhere, but can't find it). I'm thinking of replacing the hose, and can obviously add the hose end I had to cut off with the remaining hose to get the original length. I would like to have the hose on hand, even if I wait until I really have to replace it.

Thanks, Bob
Hey Bob,

This has been a sore subject with me. I have been replacing my hose about every 18 months due to splits and such.
The part from ROADTREK is 17 3/4 feet for about $150 at my RV dealer.
I found the same hose at TIPCO for $40.00 and that's for 20 feet.
Hope this helps

Entrada

Really appreciate this Forum since Roadtrek went AWOL with our Parts & Warranty. It’s forced me onto this Forum and I am a better man because of it! :cheers:

Have 2016 Roadtrek Etrek with cracked green Kanaflex hose and need to replace

Would like to try another brand since the Kanaflex seems to stiff for small sized storage bin so the hose eventually cracks.

I have some confusion on whether the previous posts for Sani-con hoses have the same macerator set up as mine so not sure we are comparing apples to apples.

I have a Shurflo 3200-200. I believe hose is 1” & about 8-9ft. Wondering whether Sani-con hose from Thetford company is too ‘soft’ to push back into Shurflo Macerator?
Did you buy 21’ and cut the hose?
Also would appreciate some reviews on Sani-con compared to other hoses?

Top Bottom