nulon g box additive

rstillm

Hi, has anyone put Nulon additive in the mechanical part of the sprintshift box. mine is a bit harsh/thump/bang on changing not always but some times.
Any advise welcome , this Nulon stuff does sound very good?

Aussie 2002 4x4

yep I've used Nulon G70 in many gearboxes and diffs...in your case you may need a clutch or gear position teach from someone with a Star Diagnostic system

jaahn

Hi, has anyone put Nulon additive in the mechanical part of the sprintshift box. mine is a bit harsh/thump/bang on changing not always but some times.
Any advise welcome , this Nulon stuff does sound very good?
Hi rstillim :rolleyes:
I am a believer in additives in some circumstances. But I do not believe that your problem is going to be helped by it. As Aussie says there is most likely another solution to the "harsh/thump/bang on changing". I cannot comment as I have never owned a Sprintshift but they seem to have some shifting problems.
You should ask specific questions about your problems and any known solutions that people have tried and fixes they found.:hmmm:
Jaahn

I have found you have to learn how to drive a Sprintshift…... by anticipating the change and lifting your foot off the throttle slightly will give you a smooth change. It works for me.

daffyfrancis

Our 2002 Campervan had the sprintshift pump etc replaced at 170000km & gear reteach at our local Hobart Dealer workshop & is now approaching 200000km, still on the original clutch & operates flawlessly (touch wood) upshifting on acceleration & downshifting under downhill breaking etc very smoothly. On some of our Tasmanian hilly & windy roads I use manual mode when coming into some uphill/downhill corners when a reduction in speed from 90kmh to 35kmh is required & manual changes are also very smooth.
If you search back through some sprintshift posts there is a reference to a diode upgrade to the pump - our original did not have the upgrade but the new replacement has but I think this upgrade was to extend the life expectancy of the pump & not the operation of the transmission & though I am not very mechanically minded I would also recommend spending some $ on a gear reteach.
David

Sockeye770

I have found you have to learn how to drive a Sprintshift…... by anticipating the change and lifting your foot off the throttle slightly will give you a smooth change. It works for me.
I agree.

We have one of the first 2001 316 sprintshift exambo. The Sprinter sprintshift, being an automated manual transmission, takes on a new learning curve on how to drive one. Pressing the "GO" pedal flat to the floor from standstill has a nasty response. Pressing the "GO" pedal flat to the floor from low speed has a nasty response. You need to learn how to slowly apply pressure to the GO pedal, and never go flat to the floor, to get the best out of the sprintshift. As already mentioned by Daffyfrancis, on hilly & windy roads use manual mode. Leaving it in auto mode, the auto gear changes will happen too late.

Shortly after buying our 2001 316 sprintshift exambo, I spoke to a Vic ambo officer. They hated driving the first Sprinter ambo sprintshift models. They preferred the newer fully automatic transmission Sprinter models.

Last edited:

Top Bottom