What did you do to your Sprinter today.

Garandman

Installed the 20 1/4-20 Nutserts needed for the floor after insulation.

Then threaded in a screw to straighten the orientation of the inserts with a judicious whack or two.

Checked a few underneath to ensure good retention.

Garandman

Drilled holes for first L Track section. Couldn’t finish install because I ran out of 1/4-20 Nutserts. Probably will use flanged Track there, to tie in wall paneling.

BrennWagon

He’s just this guy, you know?
Today I wired my stereo and amp up to my auxiliary battery. I’m planning on wiring my aux lights and some 12v and usb outlets on this too, along with the dome lights and possibly a power inverter if I decide that I need one. I also put in a fresh ground screw for the amp, I was getting a little ground buzz that’s gone now.

Mickyfin

I fit two double USB ports within my centre dash tray with lid, wired to switched 12v from cigar lighter (ashtray). One port drivers side, the second passenger side, accessible when lid open. Handy for charging devices out of sight.

BrennWagon

He’s just this guy, you know?
I fit two double USB ports within my centre dash tray with lid, wired to switched 12v from cigar lighter (ashtray). One port drivers side, the second passenger side, accessible when lid open. Handy for charging devices out of sight.
Are you sure that’s a switched source or did you add a switch? The 12v outlets in my 2006 NAFTA T1N are always on

Mickyfin

I disassembled my door mirrors to replace the cracked indicator lenses with new tinted/smoked lenses. Everything went well with the passenger side, but when it come to the drivers side, it was clear once disassembled that the driver mirror frame had a previous plastic repair. It has been plastic welded in a few places, obviously in the van's past it has sustained a accident. This resulted in the frame falling apart when stripping it down.

So for now, the drivers mirror has the new smoked lense fitted, but is only held in place with two screws. I have purchased a new drivers mirror frame, and black plastic casing for it to remove the chrome covers that were on there hiding the historic damage.

New mirror frame mount purchased..

Untitled by S STEEL, on Flickr

I have also removed all the stuck on chrome trim that was fitted to all the exterior door handles, and strip above the rear license plate. This in part is in preparations for the Armaplate security I will be fitting in the near future which I will be purchasing from a good member on these very forums.

Also being as my van is black, its giving it a nice stealth look too.

Today I will be mock fitting the x 3 solar panels brackets ready to drop in the soar panels once I have completed my width roof bar set up, I have previously already fit my roof rails.

Last edited:

Mickyfin

Just done with fitting my solar panel mounting brackets, I used two pieces of wood cut to the dimensions of the panels, and affixed the brackets in place.

Next up an impossible task to do singlehanded, and that is to get x 3 solar panels onto the roof so I can mark the positions on each panel so I know where to drill the mounting holes on the underside of each panel. Anyone local fancy giving me a hand?

Untitled by S STEEL, on Flickr

:idunno:

Last edited:

GSWatson

2013 144
I put my three panels on by myself. I fastened them to each other as a unit, then used two 12-foot 2x4 pieces of lumber as a ramp to push them up as high as I could get. I then clamped them to the lumber, climbed on the roof, and pulled them up the rest of the way.

Easy and uncomplicated.

RJV

Removed old and installed new: Water pump, thermostat, radiator, related sensors, all cooling hoses/pipes, transmission cooling lines, and turbo resonator. Long 11 hour day but the 2004 is back together and along with the transmission service and DARF I did yesterday, the new pulleys, tensioner, and clutch/fan it's never sounded better.

Garandman

Installed minicell foam under the floor. Another layer went over this.

And reinstalled the stock floor after repainting with two layers of textured deck paint.

Garandman

Removed the headliner for thinsulating. Someone, somewhere (here or FB) asked for a T1N specific write-up, so took some pictures and posted here.

13yo work van, so dust and cobwebs have found their way into every nook and cranny. Been cleaning since we got it!

I changed the oil in our 2013 3500 Sprinter for the first time. Up to now the local MB dealer looked after it. I used a Mann HU 821 X filter and Pennzoil Euro L 5w30 oil. (the oil was marked as 229.51 approved and shows up in BEVO listings). After a bit of fiddling I was able to reset the Assyst countdown. These things sure hold a lot of oil compared to other vehicles I have worked on. I had to make sure my drain pan was big enough. One thing I noticed when buying the filter was the the MB dealer and a local parts store had the same Mann HU 821 X filter. Mercedes had theirs in a Mercedes box (A 642 180 00 09) and the parts store had theirs in the yellow and green Mann box. Mercedes wanted twice as much but theirs said "Made in Germany" the one in the Mann box said "Made in Mexico". I could not see any difference. Is there a difference? Any comments on the oil?

Mickyfin

I fitted my services body penetrations today, Mains hook up point, water fill point, LPG fill point, and LPG BBQ outlet.

Top Bottom