Roof Wire Penetration

So, I'm going to tackle a lot of build items soon and I think I have most everything to do my roof rack, fan and solar panels all in one go. The box that I got for the solar wire roof penetration is odd. It has no flange, just a square plastic box with about 1/8 to 1/4 inch of surface area. No place for screws or anything. I'm assuming people are just sticking these to the roof with some glue and coating the seam with some Dicor. Would the Dicor (which I have for roof fan) be a strong enough glue to hold this box to the roof with no screws? Any recommendations?

Kevsuda

Those boxes are OK. I used a similar one to grant's but the link solar. I wouldn't use them again though. They are a done deal once you seal them down. I also mounted a serviceable type and would only use those from now on. Much easier to add or change things. Something like these
https://www.amazon.com/ATPWONZ-Wate...M3WE8VZHVP0&psc=1&refRID=SVPE679ZCM3WE8VZHVP0
Just drill a hole in the bottom to match up to your roof hole. Glue it down. I also think that Dicor lap sealant is just that. A sealant. Use real glue for a bond. 4200 fast cure is strong and readily available.

Top Bottom