Sprinter OEM floor bracket install questions

ffamily

I recently bought a 2012 Sprinter, 170. So far - lovin' it. Everyone staring at me is a bit disconcerting - but I guess I *am* pretty handsome.:rad:

The previous owner installed a wood floor (but a poor job of it) and sold one of the benches with it's brackets. But thankfully he left cutouts in the wood flooring where the missing bench sat.

I sourced a seat with the needed brackets - and I hope the needed hardware.

But I don't trust the PO's work - he removed the OEM brackets to install the wooden flooring, and then reinstalled the brackets. I suspect he's used the wrong hardware - it appears he re-used the cargo-loop bolts in the place of the torx headed bolts when he reinstalled the seats.

My 6 kids are riding on these seats... so I'm wanting a solution that instills confidence.

My questions:
  1. Can I get a confirmation that the torx headed bolts are the ones used to mount the OEM floor brackets? If so I'll need to redo PO's work.
  2. Is the OEM arrangement:
    Torx-bolt >through> OEM bracket >through> Sprinter sheetmetal >through> ?? (any kind of captive nut or something under there? Or is there a threaded backing plate pre-welded to the underside there?
  3. Does the addition of the wood flooring mean I need longer bolts? Wood flooring is prob 3/8". I'm wanting to peel out the wood floor - but I fear he's glued it down...
  4. Any idea of the lbs/in of torque needed for seating the bolts?
  5. Should I use thread-locker?
  6. Do I have too many questions?

I pre-appreciate anyone willing to throw advice my way.

I'd like to think this would be helpful information to others installing seats. I did my best search-fu on here and didn't find this information though.

-Jim

Top Bottom