ordering a euro-style grill from UK, anyone want one?

jcolvin

I'm ordering a T1N euro-style (honeycomb) grill and surround from the UK, figure it will save on shipping if I get a few. Price is: Black Grille: 90188000385 £40 ....about $65 USD
Metal surround: 9018880173 £30 . (about $50 USD) Shipping will be extra depending on how many i get. So total ex shipping around $120 USD.

pm me and let me know if anyone interested in going in on this so i can figure out what shipping will cost.

Jonathan Colvin

Vancouver BC

djc126

Hi J.
I contacted Chris Case aka SprinterUK who works for a big MB commercial dealer in the UK and he quoted better pricing and he's willing to ship to Canada or USA. Maybe your dad isn't too far from him? These prices were from Chris earlier this year:

(x1) 316cdi grille badge £7.75
(x4) 6014010325 £6.30 each hubcaps
(x1) 9018100018 £6.20 hood badge

9018880173 £20.80 metal grille surround (from 2009)
[facelift T1N] grille inc star £32.10 (2009)

Also consider the Benz windshield sticker - no pricing.
There's also the airbag cover and transmission shift handle but I'm not planning to go that far.

I was quoted last year for grille and CDI badge - "postage about £20.00".
For everything listed here £35-40 except grille surround. Otherwise £50-60.

But because the of the big difference in postage - I will probably get the grille
surround from the local MB dealer (was quoted $65).

I have not ordered anything yet but it's a good time as the GBP is at a long time low compared to CAD.

The British postal system is really fast but once the package goes over a certain weight limit it starts getting expensive.

Question is how many grilles or surrounds can you ship at one time while keeping the postage from UK affordable?

Plus won't you get hit with HST by Customs (your Dad can declare it as a gift but Customs can disagree on a large package)?

Maybe someone in Alberta can order the stuff - only GST then?
Just an idea.

Regards,

Last edited:

VanSyncro

I'm ordering a T1N euro-style (honeycomb) grill and surround from the UK, figure it will save on shipping if I get a few. Price is: Black Grille: 90188000385 £40 ....about $65 USD
Metal surround: 9018880173 £30 . (about $50 USD) Shipping will be extra depending on how many i get. So total ex shipping around $120 USD.

pm me and let me know if anyone interested in going in on this so i can figure out what shipping will cost.

Jonathan Colvin

Vancouver BC
I'm interested, might want a few of the extra parts if possible. Also it may be better (cheaper) to send to the US buyers direct rather than going through customs twice.

stone02

Hi,
i am interested in the grill kit if this is
all that is necessary to convert to MB
face. post again if this will really go thru.
thanks
chris

jcolvin

Chris: were those prices including the VAT? Didn't want dad to have to drive a long way so i ordered from his local dealer. I will be able to get the HST back so that won't be a problem. I have ordered 5 sets of grills and surrounds when they get here I will know exactly what the total came to with shipping. Will post again when they are here.

bc339

When I've ordered from the U.K., VAT is not included or required for out of country sales.
Bruce

johnnydrz

Hi, I'm close to Montreal and I would be interested in getting the conversion kit/grill, hubcaps and hood badge.

Let me know!

Johnnydrz

SPRINTERUK

HERE TO HELP
hi
update on the prices

grille frame £22.10
grille 32.70
hub caps £6.71 each
hood badge £7.25
316cdi badge £11.70

when we send parts out there is no v.a.t
when the person brings the goods out of the country he should be able to claim back the vat as long as the invoice is made to the address in the u.s
regards
chris

Coast2Coast

2006 158 Cargo
So about $105.00 USD for the front grille, metal surround & CDi Badge. Can you get the interior steering wheel badge or the rear door (bottom left) badge? Also contimplating all this, how much would shipping be?

jcolvin

Got the grilles + surrounds, already sent 2 out, 1 is spoken for (I think), so I have 1 left right now. Total came to $155 with shipping/duty etc from the UK. To send to someone in US is another $40 (canadapost 4-5 days, should be no brokerage charge on top of that, unlike UPS) so $195 total, to send to someone in Canada another $30 so $185.

Let me know my pm anyone wants the last one. I also have a single 316-CDI badge (clips to front of gille) that is $20 on top.

Jonathan

Last edited:

Colorado_Al

Looks sweet! I'm interested, but I'm not spending money on cosmetics on the van at this time. Sorry to miss out on the deal.

johnnydrz

Still haven't installed the grill..... because I need to paint the bottom part white, the same color as my 2005 Roadtrek Adventurous. The color that's written inside the driver's door is: Ford DD, Color Max MM203.50 I've searched for this code/number for a while but can't find anything relevant. Would anyone know if this is a "standard" white I could find at Canadian Tire or some other place like that? I don't feel like spending $100 to get it painted "professionaly".....

Thanks in advance,

Johnnydrz

bc339

Dupli-color offers spray cans of alot of common auto colors. Rustoleum may be close.
Our Sprinter is silver. I used the silver for VW's to make a near perfect match for the bottom trim piece. You can find it at all the chain autoparts stores. I used the primer, silver and clear coats - probably about 10 coats of silver and about 5 coats of clear. I let it dry/cure for about two weeks before I installed it.

Bruce

Top Bottom