Question on the 144 4x4 HR

aviatordoc

Sorry, but I have searched and read all relevant "old" posts on this.
Can anyone confirm if they can load up a BMW GSA AND a dirtbike on a 144 crew or pass van?
I am torn between a pass van with "everything" so I can use it right away for said purpose by just removing the necessary seats or buy a Crew van if it will work for said purpose without removing the crew bench seat.
I am avidly looking and talking with dealers around my area, but have no way of confirming this.
Thanks.
The GSA measures about 8 feet in length.

sanomechanic

Sorry, but I have searched and read all relevant "old" posts on this.
Can anyone confirm if they can load up a BMW GSA AND a dirtbike on a 144 crew or pass van?
I am torn between a pass van with "everything" so I can use it right away for said purpose by just removing the necessary seats or buy a Crew van if it will work for said purpose without removing the crew bench seat.
I am avidly looking and talking with dealers around my area, but have no way of confirming this.
Thanks.
The GSA measures about 8 feet in length.
Must remove all the rear seats

Sctn

2019 170 4x4 Crew-SMB West
Come on..you posted that question just to let us know all the rad sh*% you have!

Sportsmobile I think has the simplest interior dimension breakdown
https://sportsmobile.com/van-dimensions/

I think you would have to remove all seats to get that 8’ bike in there...even crew seat

TXdaveski

My 2016 GSA fits in my 2017 144" crew just fine with the crew seat in place. I have a Condor wheel chock bolted to the floor and just touching the back of the crew seat. You could probably slide a skinny dirt bike in alongside the GSA, there's enough room, I just don't have one to test the fit. Might have to put it in backwards so the handlebars don't interfere.
BTW> a Road King fits in there as well and is actually longer than the GSA.

MotoXPress

I've had two KTM 990's in my crew van 144 HR with second row seat installed no problem as well as my 1290 SAR and Husky 501.

I've even had three KTM dual sports loaded behind the crew seat and one on the bumper with four guy headed to Death Valley. A GSA and dirt will fit no issues.

I also built a simple 'gear shelf' using $50 of wood from Home Depot to strap down the gear bags. It sits just above the seats and allows tons of space for tubs, bags, etc.

Attachments

MotoXPress

Must remove all the rear seats
Not true -

GSA and 990 measure 88" in length. My 501 is 84" in length. The sprinter can carry these behind the crew seat as the back of the crew seat is slated and there is more room at the sprinter rear doors for the rear tires.

GSA is 31" width at engine (990 is 26") and with bags they are both about 38.5" at rear width.

The Goshawk

I've had two KTM 990's in my crew van 144 HR with second row seat installed no problem as well as my 1290 SAR and Husky 501.

I've even had three KTM dual sports loaded behind the crew seat and one on the bumper with four guy headed to Death Valley. A GSA and dirt will fit no issues.

I also built a simple 'gear shelf' using $50 of wood from Home Depot to strap down the gear bags. It sits just above the seats and allows tons of space for tubs, bags, etc.
How do you load your bikes?

sanomechanic

Not true -

GSA and 990 measure 88" in length. My 501 is 84" in length. The sprinter can carry these behind the crew seat as the back of the crew seat is slated and there is more room at the sprinter rear doors for the rear tires.

GSA is 31" width at engine (990 is 26") and with bags they are both about 38.5" at rear width.
WOW

Top Bottom