$300 MB Service/Repair Special Offer

GaryJ

Here since 2006
I’ve recently received, by email and snail mail offers for $300 off any service or repair of $600 or more at my local MB dealer, MB of Rocklin, CA. This offer is sponsored by MB, not the local dealer. That makes me think it might be a nationwide offer. I’ve had the dealer do service work on both my Sprinters in the past, and that might be a requirement to qualify for these offers.

Both offers had the statement “One-time use only per qualifying VIN”. Each of them had a different PIN code on them. I called the service department and I can use one of them for each Sprinter. At 75 years old I’d rather be riding my mountain bike than laying on my back wrenching. The offer expires March 23rd.

Gary

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
I've been trying to track down this deal, but with no luck. Anybody have any leads?

GaryJ

Here since 2006
I've been trying to track down this deal, but with no luck. Anybody have any leads?
You might try calling your local MB dealer, or one that has done some work on your van. My offer arrived with the name and contact information of my local dealer.

Gary

Onefin

Mine came via email and snail mail from the dealer that has done the service in the past. The coupon appears to have a PIN# attached to the VIN, so not transferable?

Any suggestions for PM stuff at 20k miles?
Van is going in for the first service A Friday....which was included free of charge from MB at van purchase.
I had expected to pay for fuel filter....but my awesome service advisor included the (optional?) fuel filter in the A free of charge.
I delayed little things like air and cabin filters, wiper blades, etc...figuring I’d pay for the fuel filter ($350 ish) and have also them do the little things, as it would add up to $600 and would allow use of the $300 off coupon and then it’d be “free” for $300 worth of little things.
I was also going to have them enable the fader for the rear speakers, but he said he’d do that free too.
Could use a tire rotation....never had that done at a dealer.....
So...my service advisor is awesome....but I’m not sure if I have enough stuff to use coupon....I’m fine with just buying the air and cabin filters and installing them...I don’t want to spend money to save money.

Last edited:

Onefin

If it helps you at all
I Posted photo of coupon that was sent in mail.....I’d call a dealer with your VIN on file and have them see if it is eligible.

I received the same offer. I don't think I will be ready for service by the March 23 deadline. But it is nice to know that it is available.

Mein Sprinter

Known member
I received the same offer. I don't think I will be ready for service by the March 23 deadline. But it is nice to know that it is available.
Got one too while living in Arizona... but coupon offer came from SunMotors Mercedes, PA. which I visited in 2017 before heading to Labrador/Newfoundland. Whenever we travel to the Eastern Canadian Maritimes we always stop there for a checkup.

It's a Mercedes coupon so it can be used at any Mercedes station, however I don't plan to have any $600 service; not needed furthermore it expires on March 23.

cheers...

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
I'm having no luck tracking this offer down.

Any chance that somebody who isn't going to use theirs could send it to me? Don't know if it is transferrable, but worth a try.
PM me if you are game.

Thanks!

codycat

Just used the coupon for our 2015 Unity. I was all set to change engine oil, filter and fuel filter at home (my rebut to the high cost of MB shop maintenance). I was going to take advantage of an offer for a $399 transmission fluid and filter change, but, the $300 coupon arrived unexpectedly. So, I changed the fuel filter and let them change the oil and service the transmission at 36,800 miles. Their estimate was for over $600 so I'm feeling pleased with getting the tranny serviced and basically getting the oil changed for free. Out the door for $419 and confident in the service provided by MB of Lynnwood, WA. Awesome new Sprinter and MB Van facility.

Last edited:

levedr

[/QUOTE] "...have also them do the little things, as it would add up to $600 and would allow use of the $300 off coupon and then it’d be “free” for $300..."

I too thought I might take advantage of my $300 savings and get some things done that I would not do myself ...
We were at 43000 miles, had just done oil change and just taken delivery of our ordered fuel fllter. I got out my service schedule and took a look at what would be due soon since we have a 6000 mile trip coming up. My possibillities included the following along with the due mileage and cost per dealer:
40k Fuel filter $500
40k Turbo seal $100
50k Trans oil/filter $600
?? Brake fluid $175
?? Cabin air filter $100
?? Wipers $59

Seems as though the "laundry list" would not really work out, I opted fpr the trans service, which would cost me $300 after the coupon. most of the other things I can do myself and my other nearest dealer's prices are about 20% less across the board...but they didn't send a coupon.

I'd like to hear what other Sprinter owners are paying for these and other 3500 V-6 services .

2013 3500

levedr

Just used the coupon for our 2015 Unity. I was all set to change engine oil, filter and fuel filter at home (my rebut to the high cost of MB shop maintenance). I was going to take advantage of an offer for a $399 transmission fluid and filter change, but, the $300 coupon arrived unexpectedly. So, I changed the fuel filter and let them change the oil and service the transmission at 36,800 miles. Their estimate was for over $600 so I'm feeling pleased with getting the tranny serviced and basically getting the oil changed for free. Out the door for $419 and confident in the service provided by MB of Lynnwood, WA. Awesome new Sprinter and MB Van facility.
Just wondering..
When you do your fuel filter do you change the turbo seal?
Thanks

Inertiaman

My possibillities included the following along with the due mileage and cost per dealer:
40k Fuel filter $500
40k Turbo seal $100
50k Trans oil/filter $600
?? Brake fluid $175
?? Cabin air filter $100
?? Wipers $59
Those seem like punitively high prices. $500 to change the fuel filter? I did mine DIY for under $80 in less than one hour. $100 cabin filter? One can buy the genuine OEM part for $29 online.

I, too, have one of these coupons. And its timely, since I'm at 59k miles on my 2014. But I'm seriously wondering if its even worthwhile at these prices. Its a sad state when dealer service is so expensive that you reject it even at 50% off!

I'm considering utilizing the coupon on the tasks I'm reluctant to do myself:
- transmission oil change
- "renew" brake fluid
- replace poly V belt

Anyone know what MB means by "renew"? Is this a full bleed with fresh fluid?

Mein Sprinter

Known member

Any chance that somebody who isn't going to use theirs could send it to me? Don't know if it is transferrable, but worth a try.
PM me if you are game.

Thanks!
Since you're living in PA.; go to SunMotors(Mechanisburg) and see Bryan Young and mention what I said. I am sure he'll give you one.

cheers..

levedr

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post

Quote "Any chance that somebody who isn't going to use theirs could send it to me? Don't know if it is transferrable, but worth a try.
PM me if you are game.

Thanks!"

The coupon is not transferable..it has the recipient's name and address on it. I have been told by two different dealers that ir is not dealer specific. Somecoupons wer snail malied and some were e-mails. I received both.

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
Turned out that my issue was covered by the Diesel Engine Warranty, so I didn't need it after all. Would have been pricey if the codes were slightly different, though.

levedr

Those seem like punitively high prices. $500 to change the fuel filter? I did mine DIY for under $80 in less than one hour. $100 cabin filter? One can buy the genuine OEM part for $29 online.

I, too, have one of these coupons. And its timely, since I'm at 59k miles on my 2014. But I'm seriously wondering if its even worthwhile at these prices. Its a sad state when dealer service is so expensive that you reject it even at 50% off!

I'm considering utilizing the coupon on the tasks I'm reluctant to do myself:
- transmission oil change
- "renew" brake fluid
- replace poly V belt

Anyone know what MB means by "renew"? Is this a full bleed with fresh fluid?
It better mean drain, flush and refill for the sum of $255 I've been quoted.
$78 for poly v-belt...sounds reasonable. $200-$300 for turbo seal replace...the seal costs less than $20 and its a 20 minute job...only reason I'd have the dealer do it is that MB seems to be fairly adament on it being done right. I can DIY but if something went wrong down the road I'm sure I'd lose the battle with MB.

Inertiaman

It better mean drain, flush and refill for the sum of $255 I've been quoted.
$78 for poly v-belt...sounds reasonable. $200-$300 for turbo seal replace...the seal costs less than $20 and its a 20 minute job...only reason I'd have the dealer do it is that MB seems to be fairly adament on it being done right. I can DIY but if something went wrong down the road I'm sure I'd lose the battle with MB.
I talked to a couple dealers. One guy seemed pretty knowledgeable, knew about the specific procedure to drain the torque converter during the 722.9 7G transmission service, etc. He confirmed the brake fluid "renew" was a flush and refill. Also suggested to postpone the V belt if it looks good on inspection, saying he routinely sees them go over 80k miles before showing wear.

That service manager was at Lynnwood, WA and quoted me non-insane prices for "4 corner" brake flush ($150) and the transmission fluid service ($500) which conveniently adds up to $650. They also confirmed that they can take my coupon, which was originally associated to another dealer. You do need the unique "PIN" code on the email/mailer to get the $300 discount. In contrast, the Seattle dealer that was referenced on my email coupon wanted $650 for the transmission and $185-225 for the brakes.

So I've got an appointment for brake fluid service and transmission fluid service on the 21st for $350+tax after discount, and I feel like I won the lottery. Shortly after, I'll do my second fuel filter and 4th oil change myself, making my total service spending thru the first 4 service intervals (= 60k miles on 2014) < $1000.

What is the turbo seal service I keep seeing referenced? I don't see that on the official MB service schedule. Is it related to other engines (mine is OM651) or is it a learned-the-hard-way informal addition to maintenance best practice?

levedr

TURBO SEAL Re: $300 MB Service/Repair Special Offer

What is the turbo seal service I keep seeing referenced? I don't see that on the official MB service schedule. Is it related to other engines (mine is OM651) or is it a learned-the-hard-way informal addition to maintenance best practice?
About a year ago, just before I did my first DIY fuel filter change, I came across a MB bulletin that mandates the change-out of a perfectly good turbo seal when the fuel filter is replaced. This is due (according to MB) to the turbo seal being disturbed, loosened, disconnected, etc., in order to R and R the filter. failure to do so apparently voids the warranty.

Unfortunately every MB dealer person I have queried about replacing the seal when changing the fuel filter doesn't know about such a requirement and they indicate that the seal is not included in the fuel filter change-out service. I have had quotes from $100 to $300 for the 30 minute or less service required to change the seal. Although it is a relatively easy DIY it involves enough technical expertise to make it "scary" as do all things related to the turbo system. Not that I could do not it and do it right but with MB scurtiny upon a seal failure I prefer to have the seal changed by MB.

I managed to remove and replace the filter without "disturbing" the turbo seal (I did move the hose slightly to one side). I have the dealership replace the seal afterwards, cost $100.

Top Bottom