Critique my electrical system

Update on my electrical system (attached). Installation has begun. I'd appreciate any other feedback from all you experts here.

Updates are:
-Added 120V fuse and manual switch on + wire between battery and + bus bar
-Provided more detail on lithium battery cells and wiring
-Changed my switches to fuses on the 12V loads

Questions:
-I would still like an automated shutoff from my vans battery to my lithiums. I've never worked with relays so I'm confused on how to accomplish this. I don't think my BMV700 has the capability to do this either. Thoughts?

Attachments

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Questions:
-I would still like an automated shutoff from my vans battery to my lithiums. I've never worked with relays so I'm confused on how to accomplish this. I don't think my BMV700 has the capability to do this either. Thoughts?
The BMV700 can do it, from the Manual:

4.2.2 Relay settings
Remark: thresholds are disabled when set at 0
(discharge floor) or when the battery voltage falls below setting 18 (low voltage relay).
The relay will be open when the state-of-charge is higher than setting 17 (clear state-ofcharge
relay) and the battery voltage is higher than setting 19 (clear low voltage relay).

Get a relay, or better yet, a contactor (low ah used when either open or closed), and wire between the banks.

Set the HVC to 0.25v above the voltage that your read at the battery cable at LI bank WHEN it is removed from the LI and the alternator is running and engine RPM is above 1500. Should read ~14.1

Last edited:
The BMV700 can do it, from the Manual:

4.2.2 Relay settings
Remark: thresholds are disabled when set at 0
(discharge floor) or when the battery voltage falls below setting 18 (low voltage relay).
The relay will be open when the state-of-charge is higher than setting 17 (clear state-ofcharge
relay) and the battery voltage is higher than setting 19 (clear low voltage relay).

Get a relay, or better yet, a contactor (low ah used when either open or closed), and wire between the banks.

Set the HVC to 0.25v above the voltage that your read at the battery cable at LI bank WHEN it is removed from the LI and the alternator is running and engine RPM is above 1500. Should read ~14.1
Great thanks! makes sense. What size of contactor would be appropriate here?

Top Bottom