Why I Don't Travel With a Pet!

A clumsy (?) dog helps his Master launch their boat...

Blame the dog. :lol:

The dog may have been completely agile as it contacted the shift lever.

Thanks for sharing.

:cheers: vic

Added:
My wife immediately pointed out that if he had just shut off the engine the shift lever would have been locked in Park. While watching the video I hadn't thought that far into it.

Last edited:

TwoClinks

2016 Unity TB
I have spent many enjoyable hours watching "ramp squirrels" launch and loading boats. It doesn't take a dog to see an entire vehicle, boat & trailer go in. How does a late model RV get knocked into reverse without first stepping on the brake pedal? Why did the "ramp squirrel" leave the motor home running with the e-brake disengaged? And last... why did he launch a boat with a "big ass" motorhome? Take the time to unhitch and have someone with a pickup launch it.

I don't ever see us ever traveling by RV without one small, faithful travel companion. My dog helps lower my blood pressure when someone pulls out right in front of me or passes me on the right shoulder. He's always ready to go walking and remains alert.

Asm109

2019 LTV Unity MB
There was a story about a man in the UK who got out of his vehicle to open a gate. His dog knocked it into gear and he was crushed between the truck and gate.

CB1945

I have spent many enjoyable hours watching "ramp squirrels" launch and loading boats. It doesn't take a dog to see an entire vehicle, boat & trailer go in. How does a late model RV get knocked into reverse without first stepping on the brake pedal? Why did the "ramp squirrel" leave the motor home running with the e-brake disengaged? And last... why did he launch a boat with a "big ass" motorhome? Take the time to unhitch and have someone with a pickup launch it.

I don't ever see us ever traveling by RV without one small, faithful travel companion. My dog helps lower my blood pressure when someone pulls out right in front of me or passes me on the right shoulder. He's always ready to go walking and remains alert.
I totally agree. The real issue here is that the "ramp squirrel" was not carrying his sign. If he would have had his sign other people would have known he was stupid and could have assisted before there was a problem. :bounce:

msmolow

2019 Unity CB / 2018 Chas
Eric Jackson (the driver) is a whitewater kayaking legend. He is a former Olympian, has won the World's multiple times, and is a great ambassador for the whitewater community.

We're looking at the equivalent of your home having 12 feet of water in it.

It's a tragedy.

TwoClinks

2016 Unity TB
There's more to this video than is just a dog. Watch the brake lights on the RV. They are lit as he is walking back to the boat. Then what I see is white backup lights coming on and brake lights going off as the rig rolls into the water. He has a brilliant dog or someone is at the wheel. Is this an expensive stunt or is Eric Jackson committing insurance fraud? I found it interesting also that cameras were rolling at the ramp. Pro bass fisherman generally have one thing on their mind. Launch and go get'em as fast as the over-powered bass boat will run.

Maybe Eric should forget about owning and launching bass boats and stick with yaks.

TwoClinks

2016 Unity TB
More dog owners shoot dogs than dogs shoot owners. Besides, it's against the our state laws to have loaded firearms in an occupied vehicle while hunting. That relates to illegal road hunting.

msmolow

2019 Unity CB / 2018 Chas
Hey folks, how about a little empathy?
Have you never done anything dumb? I know I sure have. I've left the macerator cap on and I've scraped the rear quarter not fully clearing before I turned. I hope I don't have any more screw ups, but I probably will.

TwoClinks

2016 Unity TB
Yes maybe just a little. Dumb, mistake, and unknowledgeable go hand in hand. Stupid and careless is when you leave your loaded firearm laying in your backseat with the safety off.

Scarecrow

2017 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
Threads so pessimistic; here, .. Animals are helpful.
Maybe I will rethink, and get me a donkey. He can't operate the gear shift. THIS could come in really handy at some of the campgrounds I've visited.

Hell, I could give up the eBike, too! :lol:

TStiles

2018 Unity CB
A good friend, who was an RV dealer for many, many years had a 36' class A totalled by his Chow dog. Left it running and the dog somehow got it out of park and into gear. The MH, Chow and all, went into a ravene. Chow was only slightly bruised, MH was beyond repair.

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182
A friend telling me this story: "how the dog and I did a thousand dollars damage to the F250.
Saturday morning took the family dog (well behaved 12 month old pit bull pup) along to fuel the diesel truck.
I mistakenly left the keys in the truck. Normally the dog stays in the passanger seat while I fuel.
Not sure what distracted him/dog came to the driver side and stepped on the arm rest door lock button; locking the doors.
.. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

After 30+ minutes of My attempt to teach the dog to unlock the truck, and a combination of people accumulating, the store manager wanting the truck moved, me continuing pointing at the door lock button and the dog not understanding; ... all of a sudden the dog started chewing/ .. the door trim, armrest and shredding the steering wheel; so I broke the trucks window and :thinking: .. all went back to normal!

Re post from; My dog loves our sprinter

Last edited:

Jeff Regan

2018 Silver U24MB
Speaking of Chows, our Chow bumps our Unity from drive down to 4th, 3rd, even 2nd routinely, if she stands up. A bit disconcerting.

Top Bottom