Diesel heater questions

dbuzz77

Dbuzz77
I have the aux diesel heater buttons and i started the heater once, it seems to start, but can someone tell me how the on time setup works please? the manual says 1 to 3, what's that? and if you set the on time on the centre display the heater turns on at that time? and then stays on for how long? thanks

dbuzz77

Dbuzz77
I was able to set time 1 and time 2, time 1 came on but not time 2. i couldn't tell for sure how to disable it when not in use . it also only ran for an hour and the video posted said the time could be set but i couldn't find it.

nemu

from memory I seem to remember it will only run for a maximum of an hour

I suppose to ensure you don't get a flat battery or use up too much fuel

after all it is an engine cab pre-heater

Neil2

Neil2
IMO, it's rather stupid for MB to sell a heater package to warm the engine or cabin without an aux battery. The engine battery is woefully insufficient to power 2 D5s for cabin heat.

My dash heat shuts off at the same time as the radio, with engine off.

Nightpanda

2016 4x4 144 premie
IMO, it's rather stupid for MB to sell a heater package to warm the engine or cabin without an aux battery. The engine battery is woefully insufficient to power 2 D5s for cabin heat.

Give ze Germans some credit!

Some of these heaters only run while the vehicle is running. This utilizes the alternator for current. The options are confusing, at best. To my knowledge, you can’t have 2 d5’s. Here is the best link I’ve seen for heater options:

https://sprinterguy.wordpress.com/sprinter-van-auxiliary-rear-heating-options/

Scott

Neil2

Neil2
Not a chance. I've seen too many cost cutting measures at the loss of owner satisfaction. Suspension, doors, tires, heating, cosmetics. No, they don't get a pass because their cheapskates. :censored:

Got to Dave The Sprinter Guy's blog. His is likely more accurate. I have every heating option I have read of but some exclude others and my factory set includes 2 D5s. :thumbup:

Wrinkledpants

2017 144WB 4x4
Give ze Germans some credit!

Some of these heaters only run while the vehicle is running. This utilizes the alternator for current. The options are confusing, at best. To my knowledge, you can’t have 2 d5’s. Here is the best link I’ve seen for heater options:

https://sprinterguy.wordpress.com/sprinter-van-auxiliary-rear-heating-options/

Scott
The booster runs when the engine is running because it doesn't have its own water pump. Not because of the alternator.

The pre-heater has an electric water pump that allows coolant circulation while the engine is off. This electric pump then shuts off when the engine starts, hence the pre-heater/booster nomenclature.

The 2nd D5 only functions as a booster, not a pre-heater.

Wrinkledpants

2017 144WB 4x4

You can power your 2nd D5 with the engine off?

Top Bottom