Checking odometer without key.

slowgsr

Is it possible to check the odometer without a key? I don't need to start the van just check mileage.

It's a van at a wreckers, and I'm curious of the mileage before I pull the engine.

Thanks.

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
As long as the van has a battery fitted with a reasonable amount of charge, if you touch one of the four dash buttons then the display will come to life without needing a key.

I do this regularly to either check mileage or change the clock when I don't have the ignition key with me (our's is a MH/RV).

Keith.

What Keith said. +

The dash inset/odometer lights up and times out every time the front door switches are cycled. Some jumper cables and a 12 volt battery of most any size should do the trick.

vic

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
A 12 volt battery of most any size should do the trick.

I like those little black 12v/4.5AHr sealed cubes (used for exit lighting and alarm systems).
Plenty of power and far easier to lug around than a wet cell!

-dave

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
A 12 volt battery of most any size should do the trick.

I like those little black 12v/4.5AHr sealed cubes (used for exit lighting and alarm systems).
Plenty of power and far easier to lug around than a wet cell!

-dave
I got tired of messing with "Jumper boxes" with junk Chinese agm batteries in them and now have a 200ah motorcycle gel battery with short cables bolted on in a Harbor Freight ammo box.
I have not come across anything that it would not get going yet.
(Thread hijack over.)

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
I got tired of messing with "Jumper boxes" with junk Chinese agm batteries in them and now have a 200ah motorcycle gel battery with short cables bolted on in a Harbor Freight ammo box.
I have not come across anything that it would not get going yet.
(Thread hijack over.)
Nice! Mine just has tiny little clips for testing bulbs and powering up the dash when I’m out hunting parts in the bone yards. Can’t crank anything, but doesn’t weigh me down much either, AND they’re under $20...

-dave
(we now return to the thread already in progress :cheers:)

Top Bottom