Avoid Sportsmobile Inc.

sprintereei

They do honest work but do not tell you how they intend to do it.
I asked for an DC to AC inverter to be installed.
They cut up my floor to mount battery boxes.
They cut up my floor without asking me or telling me before they did it.
They also Cut a hole in the lower middle of the Drivers side outer wall for shore power.
I instructed them to put the batteries under the chassis and to mount the outlet under the chassis.
They ruined my new custom paint job with this hole.
$8900.00 shot to hell.
Now Sportsmobile is denying responsibility for cutting up my new 2008 sprinter.

Their billing is very vague too.

Avoid Sportsmobile inc. www.sportsmobile.com

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
How to avoid disappointing results: Write everything down and present the paperwork to the Firm who undertake to commit to the said works, have a quotation stipulating what will be done by the operator! and or installer, that way there is no confusion as to placing the onus of responsibility, as to whom may be at fault.
As you did ask, or as you say a particular request, eg; location location, not a normal fit out. then it should have been written down for the installers to view as to what the customer had originally asked for.
Sounds like a communication breakdown to your detriment unfortunately.
Richard.

D Mann

I had my Sprinter converted by Sportsmobile TX they did a wonderful job and all was done the way we had agreed to. I had several non standard things going on and made sure through multiple e-mails, phone calls and having the repeat exactly what I wanted and the way I wanted it and everything came out fine. It sounds to me like you got exactly what you asked for. Perhaps you were not clear on how you wanted the plan executed.

cjscott

Hi. New to site and looking for info on Sprinters for myself and DH. Do u have photos of the inside anywhere on this site, I would luv to see the kind of work they do. Sorry if personal, but is the cost a lot less than if you bought one of the main brands, Road Trek, Great West, Leisure, etc.? Kind of new to Sprinters. I've seen them and really like them. We have a B+ now, but only gets 13 MPG, 25 ft, and a little too much for me to drive, sometimes I do but mostly my DH. Thanks for any info. Was hoping to keep cost as low as possible.

kmessinger

Avoid Sportsmobile inc. www.sportsmobile.com
sliced by Keith

Which Sportsmobile? As I understand it the three locations are independantly owned.

It was my experience that almost everything was detailed out on my work order and drawings complete with measurements. I did have an outside electrical box put in an incorrect spot but that was no big deal to me - I actually ended up with two outlets. I found it helpful to ask them how/where and what options do I have in doing a particular project like grey water tank, etc.

It would definitely be good to be on hand each day while the project is being done but for most that is impossible so you end up going with the experience and judgement of your particular representative.

I am sorry you had trouble.

Regards,

Keith

kmessinger

Hi. New to site and looking for info on Sprinters for myself and DH. Do u have photos of the inside anywhere on this site, I would luv to see the kind of work they do. Sorry if personal, but is the cost a lot less than if you bought one of the main brands, Road Trek, Great West, Leisure, etc.? Kind of new to Sprinters. I've seen them and really like them. We have a B+ now, but only gets 13 MPG, 25 ft, and a little too much for me to drive, sometimes I do but mostly my DH. Thanks for any info. Was hoping to keep cost as low as possible.
My blog has the history of building my SMB Sprinter but it is a ways back in the blog. Here is a slide show that shows most of the steps.

Regards,

Keith

sprintereei

AVOID Sportsmobile Inc.

I finally undid what Sportsmobile ruined.
I had to purchase a new section of steel floor - $550.00
2- Battery trays wiring, circuit breakers connectors, vented battery boxes $400.00
Labor - 2300.00

sprinterEEI

See: https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?p=44272#post44272

PREVIOUSLY....
I asked for an DC to AC inverter to be installed.
They cut up my floor to mount battery boxes.
They cut up my floor without asking me or telling me before they did it.
They also Cut a hole in the lower middle of the Drivers side outer wall for shore power.
I instructed them to put the batteries under the chassis and to mount the outlet under the chassis.
They ruined my new custom paint job with this hole.
$8900.00 shot to hell.
Now Sportsmobile is denying responsibility for cutting up my new 2008 sprinter.

Their billing is very vague too.

Avoid Sportsmobile inc. www.sportsmobile.com Indiana. they are all part of the Same company.

Sprintereei@gmail.com

kmessinger

Re: AVOID Sportsmobile Inc.

[SIZE="4"
Avoid Sportsmobile inc. www.sportsmobile.com Indiana. they are all part of the Same company.

Sprintereei@gmail.com

I am sorry for your trouble. Would like to see pictures of your paint job. I always wanted to spice up my silver.

Sportsmobile is in three locations. They are not the "same" company. Each one is independently owned and operated. A bad experience at one does not = a bad experience at another. Each place has different strengths also. I understand Texas does more custom cabinet work than Fresno but I have only been to Fresno so only have first hand knowledge of them.

Regards,

Keith

byakima

Nothing but great experiences in Indiana. My second vehicle. Would not even thing of going anywhere else.

hayduke

2005/2006 leisure travel
I have known many Sportsmobile (Fresno)owners, most of whom are reasonably happy with their choice ,but who have had issues with the company.(which is why I did not use them) Make sure you know exactly what you are getting and the price in writing and who will fix what if there is a problem. But these days that is true everywhere

Top Bottom