What did you do to your Sprinter today.

mackconsult

buy a 4 ft step stool. Mine isn't a tall version and I use one all the time with my van.

Since the subject of washing Sprinters came up, I'm wondering if anyone can give me some tips on how to go about washing one....it's a whole lot taller than my car, and I don't think standing on a 5 gallon bucket will do. My poor Sprinter hasn't been washed since I got her late last year. I don't have a pressure washer, but am thinking I will need at least one ladder...or some scaffolding...or some car wash tools...

Thanks!

Kat

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Within the week...

Painted the roof Jasper Blue (write-up soon)
Completed the Sunroof (write-up soon)
Passenger power window fell off its track, :wtf: so I have to fix it. :bash:

rlent

That reminds me... I've got a 2nd tank from Harbor Freight that I've been meaning to plumb into my compressor. I"ve got only enough air in my original tank to take off one wheel before I have to let it sit and fill up again. :shifty: Got the compressor for free from my father-in-law, so i can't complain too much.
Can't never have too much reserve air :thumbup:

I've got to wire this one up and do a little bit of plumbing on it .... so I can at least use while it is in it's temporary home (the garage) Probably be a good project for Friday since it's supposed to rain.

gary 32

07 ncv3 pv
Re: What did you do with your Sprinter this week.

Took 9 teenagers to and from my daughters soccer match.
Loaded 1k lbs of furniture for delivery with the seats out, twice.
My 17 year old son and 15 year old daughter drives it home from football and track practice almost everyday, I drop it, lock it and stow the key then ride the back-up plan home (bicycle).
Take 5-7 girls to soccer practice once a week.
And I drive to and from work everyday.

Typical week, nothing required, around 500 miles per tankful, running like a clock.

cedarsanctum

re: Member
Since the subject of washing Sprinters came up, I'm wondering if anyone can give me some tips on how to go about washing one....it's a whole lot taller than my car, and I don't think standing on a 5 gallon bucket will do. My poor Sprinter hasn't been washed since I got her late last year. I don't have a pressure washer, but am thinking I will need at least one ladder...or some scaffolding...or some car wash tools...

Thanks!

Kat
I use a truck brush on an extension pole, not the kind the water runs through (wastes a lot of water). It's a soft brush, actually doesn't scratch the paint on ours. Also use biodegradable auto-dishwasher detergent because it has great surfactants that make the water run right off. The top requires a step ladder, at least 8', preferably 10'.
Jef

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Today I did not wash my roof; just like every other day since it started wearing a toupée

flman

Roadrunner, Genius of Birds ALWAYS WINS! NO FAILS!
T1N brake fluid flush, good for another 2 years, or 6 if I push it as long as I did last time. :D:

Trekker

Trekker
Wife and I finished loading the van and hit the road to start a cross country trip from Florida to New Mexico and back. Gonna spend time driving and living in the Sprinter at various campgrounds in some National Parks. That's what it's all about!!! Jealous yet?

Ran into a passle of "love bugs" on the Florida turnpike. Entire front of van was black. Stopped in Tallahassee to visit the kids and wash the bugs off.

brassarl

2006 T1N 2500 Long & Tall
Getting ready for my first trip since getting my sprinter home. Installed a Turbo Gauge III similiar to scangauge. Looks like a good system. :clapping:

After reading all the posts about the potential failure of the turbo resonator, I thought for $30+ at my door, it was worth having one along just in case. It seems it fails after long hard pulls, I am in the hilly terrain and I run the chance of needing one.

I was pleasantly surprised at the price from my regular supplier, have spent several thousand dollars with these guys over about five years and they have been excellent source, even while on the road sometimes. http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1434748,parttype,15461 Also have a filter set oil, air, fuel coming preventative maintainance.
Lou

Kat

Katmobile
Wife and I finished loading the van and hit the road to start a cross country trip from Florida to New Mexico and back. Gonna spend time driving and living in the Sprinter at various campgrounds in some National Parks. That's what it's all about!!! Jealous yet?

Ran into a passle of "love bugs" on the Florida turnpike. Entire front of van was black. Stopped in Tallahassee to visit the kids and wash the bugs off.
It sounds like fun and I'm definitely jealous! It will be a while before my conversion is done and am able to hit the road for any lengthy trips.

:shhh: But you're not supposed to tell anyone you are leaving home (for security reasons). However, if you mention that grandma, your brother/sister and/or the kids (hint, hint) are staying at your place & holding down the fort, it's probably okay to tell everyone that you're not at home.

Kat small-cat-3.gif

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
It sounds like fun and I'm definitely jealous! It will be a while before my conversion is done and am able to hit the road for any lengthy trips.

:shhh: But you're not supposed to tell anyone you are leaving home (for security reasons). However, if you mention that grandma, your brother/sister and/or the kids (hint, hint) are staying at your place & holding down the fort, it's probably okay to tell everyone that you're not at home.

Kat View attachment 33096
Leave your watch doggy out..not a problem where I am.cart061.gif

Davydd

We have house sitters staying with our cat when we travel. That is the least of our worries. We sometimes take our cat with us but not on long trips so far when we know it is going to be hot or if we plan to be away from the B for long period of times.

Yesterday, I painstakingly unscrewed the covers to our two underfloor auxiliary battery boxes and checked the water levels, and filled as necessary. :::make note to myself to convert covers to hinged lids:::

The tops of the batteries were covered with red dust from a wind blown brown out storm near Canyon de Chelly on our last trip. In fact we had to completely clean our entire RV as that dust storm got sand in every crevice possible and left a grit feeling over the entire interior. We cleaned yesterday.

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
Vacuumed out the cargo area and put in a new carpet for furniture delivery protection , and reduce box sliding, and sprayed carpet with Scotchguard carpet stain protector, and the insecticidal minerals boron and silicon dioxide.

230321a

On our first long road trip from New Mexico through Texas, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina and now in Virginia.
Today, cleaned up the mess that Molly (Yellow Lab) made while tearing apart a box of sticky honey coated rice crispy's.:rant:

cedarsanctum

re: Member
Yesterday (was out too late to post last night) i installed rear sway bars on the van, then took it for a drive on a windy, somewhat twisty road, and on a gravel road. HUGE difference. This is more like what i expected this van to drive like, solid and stable down the road with no effect from cross winds. I only wish i hadn't waited so long to do this.
Jef

Top Bottom