Sprinters galore in Crested Butte

fosterama

The front page of the Crested Butte News always has a quote from somebody in town.
This is from a recent issue about the plethora of Sprinter vans in the Gunnison Valley over the 4th:

overheard sprinter vans.JPG

ENMeyer

We were in Gunnison and CB two weeks ago, and I can attest to the fact that both towns have many Sprinters. Crested Butte had more than Gunny. So much so, that other Sprinters didn't wave to me! Boo hoo!

Farfrumwork

HA - its all true.

We were there 6/29 - 7/4 and can attest to the insane number of Sprinters in the area
(ours was the coolest though :rad:)

cant blame 'em - CB is excellent! Great weather too!

Just too bad that Cottonwood pass is closed all summer

Attachments

kwlr3

Speaking of Sprinters in Crested Butte,,, we are driving there (from Key West, FL) on Friday. First stop is Breckenridge, then Leadville, a day trip to Aspen (via Hagerman Pass Road?) and then Crested Butte. Could a totally stock Sprinter 4x4 w/low range and a reasonably competent driver have issues with the following runs: Mosquito Pass, Hagerman Pass, Reno Divide road/Italian Creek Road?

Any other suggestions? With the thought that I don't want to go off road just for the sake of off roading but more to get some place not easily accessible and worth the journey.

Any insight and local knowledge appreciated.

Top Bottom