Rooftop PVC Shower

alexk243

KulAdventure
So I saw a ton of these in Costa Rica and it seems like a real quick install and easy to use. So for the time being I want to install one flat on the roof of my 2004 T1N high roof. My concern was the height and ease of filling, but I have since installed a ladder, making it possible not easy.

My question does anyone know of a way to attach it to the roof without drilling through? I am only using this temporarily and would like to affix it as non-permanently as possible.

Similar to this (not my picture):

alexk243

KulAdventure
Is there an adhesive that would hold it? combined with minimal screws/straps through the roof?

KulAdventures.net

Last edited:

ranchworld

'06 158 2500 Passenger
Didn't your van originally have rooftop AC? Depending on how that was removed there may be studs sticking up through the roof. I left them on my van just so i would have a way to attach things...

alexk243

KulAdventure
Didn't your van originally have rooftop AC? Depending on how that was removed there may be studs sticking up through the roof. I left them on my van just so i would have a way to attach things...
That's what I was thinking... They may still be up there. Could probably rig something up to make it anchor to those. Is there any adhesive that could supplement it?

KulAdventures.net

RVCuisineScene

If you are looking for a temporary easy solution I would go with portable 5gal solar shower bags, which can be heated from the sun our by adding a 1/2 gallon or so of boiling water to the bag. We used this set-up for our two month trip this past spring, 5 gal was enough for the three of us to take showers. I installed a temporary shower stall using schedule 40 1 1/2" PVC for the stall with a concrete mixing basin as the catch basing with a small hose leading toward the rear door which I put outside when showering, total cost around $150. There are pics here http://kitchenhui.com/road-trip/

GSWatson

2013 144
I wouldn’t trust any adhesive to the paint, given the T1N’s paint failure possibilities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

richard cabesa

I would go with portable 5gal solar shower bags, which can be heated from the sun our by adding a 1/2 gallon or so of boiling water to the bag. We used this set-up for our two month trip this past spring, 5 gal was enough for the three of us to take showers. ]
For two of us they're great. Three gallons for her, two for me.

Dave installed a keg/tank that will heat from the vehicle inverter and that works great on the day into camp.

The SunShowers hung in the morning are great. We've probably logged a hundred showers on our over the years. They do give out at times, but the last one I bought was $28

As a rule of thumb, if it's two cold for the sun to warm a bag of water,it's too cold to take a shower anyway

Edit to say, if you actually had to pay for all the ABS and fitting in the first pic and then ,mounting hardware, you'll have way north of $28 involved

Last edited:

alexk243

KulAdventure
For two of us they're great. Three gallons for her, two for me.

Dave installed a keg/tank that will heat from the vehicle inverter and that works great on the day into camp.

The SunShowers hung in the morning are great. We've probably logged a hundred showers on our over the years. They do give out at times, but the last one I bought was $28

As a rule of thumb, if it's two cold for the sun to warm a bag of water,it's too cold to take a shower anyway

Edit to say, if you actually had to pay for all the ABS and fitting in the first pic and then ,mounting hardware, you'll have way north of $28 involved
Agreed and I currently have those solar shower bags, but while I'm on the road they don't seem to get warm and I don't trust them holding water inside my van... If it was easy I wanted a rooftop one that gets more heat and can hold more water, but if it's too much of a pain to do I'll just hold off till I get my actual fresh and hot water tank installed.

KulAdventures.net

Top Bottom