Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > General Forums > Sprinter Talk

Sprinter Talk General discussion about anything and everything about Sprinters.
SubForums: Events Scanners

Old 12-15-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
Maude

Question What should I pay for new 2012 Sprinter?

We want to buy a new 2012 Sprinter (170WB) cargo van from one of our local dealers. They still have a few left on the lot and we know they want to get rid of them before 2013 because they have lots of 2013 Sprinters to sell. Right now, they are offering $6,000 off of the sticker price, but we think they will soon increase that to $7,000 off. Is this a really good deal or could we do better? Any experience on getting a good deal buying at year end? Thanks for any help you can provide!
Maude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
skydiver007
DRB III Owner If You Need

Default Re: What should I pay for new 2012 Sprinter?

My personal opinion is not to buy new. Find a slightly used one in good shape and you will save money. There is usually not much wiggle room on a dealers lot now that they are sold by Mercedes and Freightliner. Dodge use to be more flexible on price.

You don't say how much they want and what options you are looking at. That might help in your search.

I personally would look for slightly used over new. Just me.

Check this out

http://www.usedtrucks.ryder.com/Vehi...hicleGroupId=3

Last edited by skydiver007; 12-15-2012 at 05:34 PM.
skydiver007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:19 PM   #3
Maude

Thanks. I have been looking for used ones, but the "slightly used" ones with low miles cost almost as much as a new one!
Maude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #4
gottahavabenz

Maude

If the used one is priced just under the new price, then either the person selling it bought it wrong (sticker price) or its at a dealership then the dealer selling it wants to make some money on the deal. Personally I don't mind throwing offers at people, for example if you find a 2010 144" cargo with 35K miles and they are asking 40K (which I feel is very high) for it, I - knowing full well that Im going to look like a complete tool- offer 30K and wait it out. I try to only car or van shop when I have a functioning car and dont NEED one right then.

T
gottahavabenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #5
Walter Clark

Although I cannot help regarding the negotiations for a "left over" new Sprinter, I am with you otherwise.

My experience here in Eastern Mass in the spring was the used Sprinters that were low mileage and a year or 2 old were asking about $5k below the current equivalent vehicle new prices, and not showing much willingness to move significantly lower. We were able to get a new Sprinter price equal to the Edmunds TMV for what we wanted (144" High Roof Crew) and for our area without much hassle that narrowed that already rather small gap further.

We tend to prefer new unless something suggests used is a very good deal or a very low risk of "buying someone elses problems".
Walter Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #6
WPJ

Really if your getting anything off the MSRP your doing OK, from there pay what you think is fair for the unit and what makes you feel Good. as things always change. look up here in Canada, the Cargo VANS are getting $6,000 factory rebate and 3 years prepaind maintence but the Passanger Van gets didly squwate.
WPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #7
JN3n

I just bought new a 2012 144" low top this last Thursday . No window package , power windows, mirrors , am/fm/cd and that was about it. I bought it in the high 20k range . Dealer reduced the service prices and even went to DMV for Me. I was happy with the deal and got the van I wanted.
I am going to trick it out a bit with the savings.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:51 PM   #8
WPJ

Wow, nice deal.......us passenger van guys get screwed, starting price is 50k base no options. 144", low roof
WPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:36 AM   #9
mbgtown
the "Sprinter Guy"

I love to read posts on what everyones experiences are in purchasing new Sprinter vans. I wish we could find some of those "Great Buys" for pre owned Sprinter's, but in 3 years as a Sprinter dealer, we only have had 3 used Sprinter vans that we could find.

This is a great time to buy one of the remaining new 2012's. I have a pretty good selection of most of the models. You can check out my inventory at www.sprinterguy.com. You click the link at the top that says Current Sprinter Inventory. Here is the direct link to the inventory page. http://sprinterguy.wordpress.com/cur...ter-inventory/

Pick the van you want, send me an email to dave@sprinterguy.com and I will send you a quote that will show you why folks buy their Sprinter Van from Dave the Sprinter Guy.

Last edited by mbgtown; 12-17-2012 at 02:38 AM.
mbgtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:47 AM   #10
OrioN
2008 2500 170" EXT

Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,001 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbgtown View Post
I love to read posts on what everyones experiences are in purchasing new Sprinter vans. I wish we could find some of those "Great Buys" for pre owned Sprinter's, but in 3 years as a Sprinter dealer, we only have had 3 used Sprinter vans that we could find.

This is a great time to buy one of the remaining new 2012's. I have a pretty good selection of most of the models. You can check out my inventory at www.sprinterguy.com. You click the link at the top that says Current Sprinter Inventory. Here is the direct link to the inventory page. http://sprinterguy.wordpress.com/cur...ter-inventory/

Pick the van you want, send me an email to dave@sprinterguy.com and I will send you a quote that will show you why folks buy their Sprinter Van from Dave the Sprinter Guy.
...and you get a slice of pie with every purchase.
OrioN is offline   Reply With Quote