Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > General Forums > Sprinter Talk

Sprinter Talk General discussion about anything and everything about Sprinters.
SubForums: Events Scanners

Old 03-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #11
Chandlerazman

Default Re: MB dealers—What is your policy?

I can second what BB mentioned. I too, come with referrals and have not placed an ad on my van. With that said, my customers and city inspectors see me as a professional and not a pricey contractor. People want quality to show up at their door. If I hired a tradesman and they showed up in a dirty mud and/or grime covered, rusty truck, my confidence level would fall. That contractor would have to prove themselves IF I hired them. Dented vehicles are a no-no in my book whether driven by an independant or an employee. Your image says alot about you.
Chandlerazman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chandlerazman For This Useful Post:
AddicksAir (03-12-2010), BBlessing (03-11-2010), maher01 (03-20-2010), mbsprinterdealer ma. (03-15-2010), qualityair (07-28-2010)
Old 03-15-2010, 02:55 AM   #12
mbsprinterdealer ma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFamilyVan View Post
Since MB corporate and customer service seems to give conflicting information and service varies by dealer, I thought I would start a thread to let the dealers commit to what they will offer.

Let us take MB out of the equation and let the dealers commit. We have various MB dealers on the forum and I would like to see what they plan to offer in a central thread. It will also be an opportunity for them to back up words with deeds…

So MB dealers…put your money where your mouth is and plug what your dealer will do for me (Mr. Joe the Plummer) to win my business as a sale and/or service…

1) Will you honor 3/36K warranty?
2) Will you honor Chrysler extended warranties?
3) Will you offer maintenance service kits with fuel, oil, and air filters at a discounted package price?
4) Will you offer a re-badging program to promote the brand in your respective area by offering re-badging part kits at cost?
5) Will you mail promotional material to your area to let existing Sprinter Owners know you are open for business/service?
6) Will you offer free break checks/tire rotations like some GM dealers do?
7) I would ask if you would do free re-sets of the ASSYST…but the forum already crack that code…so Mark, you are off the hook.

Nice post!

1. Yes

2. We are not paid by Mercedes by that warranty. That said I will be working with my Dodge store 10 miles away so you process should be seemless.

3. Question: Are you looking for parts package only, or bother service and parts packaging?

4. Yes, a discount once open, and an even deeper one for forum members.

5. Still in the works ( MB and Dodge battle) What's your opinion on billboards?

6. We offer service specials all the time. It will be competetive. Our customer pay business is way up when many dealer are down, because of our aggressive pricing. " Rather take a little each time, than alot one time"

7. Thanks!

Best,

Mark
mbsprinterdealer ma. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mbsprinterdealer ma. For This Useful Post:
avid (03-15-2010), maher01 (03-20-2010), NBB (03-15-2010)
Old 03-15-2010, 05:26 AM   #13
autostaretx
Erratic Member

Thanked 8,338 Times in 6,056 Posts

Mark asked:
Quote:
5. Still in the works ( MB and Dodge battle) What's your opinion on billboards?
Well, you'll certainly catch the eye of Sprinter owners...
Once, on Vancouver Island, BC, i saw a billboard (probably in Nanaimo, one of the ferry-landing cities) proclaiming that Parksville Chrysler was "the only Sprinter dealer on the island!"
That one billboard caused me to drop in at least three times... once to prowl the lot looking at their stock (they also carried Roadtrek RV conversions), and twice more for minor service matters (and i purchased the most expensive liter of Mobil1 that i ever have... $18).

So i can't speak for "new business", but you'll probably catch service drop-ins.

good luck
--dick
autostaretx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to autostaretx For This Useful Post:
maher01 (03-20-2010), mbsprinterdealer ma. (03-15-2010)
Old 07-26-2010, 07:33 PM   #14
Sprintersalesman
Sprintersalesman

Thank you for the opportunity to clear the air after the recent distribution changes.

My name is James and I work at Mercedes-Benz Sprinter located at 1502 Boundary Road in Burnaby, BC. We are western Canada's largest Sprinter Sales and Service dealership with a dedicated shop and dozens of new Sprinters in-stock.

1) Will you honor 3/36K warranty?
If you have warranty concerns with your Dodge Sprinter van, contact us or stop in and we will advise you what we can/cannot do for you.
2) Will you honor Chrysler extended warranties?
Most extended warranties are actually third party coverage and therefore, they can be honored at any dealership including ours.
3) Will you offer maintenance service kits with fuel, oil, and air filters at a discounted package price?
Until the end of August we are offering a 10% discount on parts and labour.
4) Will you offer a re-badging program to promote the brand in your respective area by offering re-badging part kits at cost?
We will not be offering them at cost but anticipate offering a reduced price as part of a promotion this fall.
5) Will you mail promotional material to your area to let existing Sprinter Owners know you are open for business/service?
Yes. We are currently doing this. With so many Sprinters on the road in the lower mainland it is challenging to contact everyone but we have identified more than 100 owners/fleets and will aspire to contact each of them directly.
6) Will you offer free break checks/tire rotations like some GM dealers do?
Short answer is no but offer these services at a fair and reasonable price.

If you have any sales or service questions/concerns about Sprinter in BC please contact us toll free at 1-877-366-8888 or stop by and see our new dealership located at 1502 Boundary Road, Burnaby, BC. You can also email me directly at james.morton@mercedes-benz.ca anytime.

Thanks for posting up these great questions. I hope the response helps everyone who reads it.
Sprintersalesman is offline   Reply With Quote