floor heating thoughts

I'm building a new bus from the 3500 cargo. We will be installing a steel floor in place of the factory one. What I was thinking if anyone has had experiance with. Is to raise the floor about 1/2 inch and run a continous cooling line under it. With a bypass for the summer. Any experianced thoughts...thanks:thinking:

Depending on your design you could do a product like warm board, or thermal board even uponor quik trak and then put your flooring on top of that. Quik Trak would be the thinnest that you could go. I would probably do quik trak and then put a clear plastic over it so I could see it.

V37

V37
Depending on your design you could do a product like warm board, or thermal board even uponor quik trak and then put your flooring on top of that. Quik Trak would be the thinnest that you could go. I would probably do quik trak and then put a clear plastic over it so I could see it.
Interesting thread,...and idea. Come upon this product, as I was searching for Quik Trak:

http://www.warmfloor.com/en-us/residential-floor-heating/step-rv-heating-rv/s-motorhomes-boats-etc

Thanks Hein I'll look into this. But do you not find it hard on your alternator running a system like that.

Thanks
Mike

hein

Van Guru
Although mostly used on shore power, we run it off the inverter and with both elements on the current is ~23A @ ~12V DC. (according to the Magnum BMK)

36"x60" 150 watt front element + 18"x60" 80 watt rear element = 230 watts
230 watts / 12V = 19 amps + losses (so reading above is about right)

Not a huge load.

We used a steel floor in order to add strength because there is no frame under to bolt seats through.

Top Bottom