2019 AWD sprinter option price

Wyuna

If any one was wondering, I got a quote back today regarding AWD for the new sprinter.

We are looking at 13.5k AUD for the option, it’s cheaper than the old 4X4 option, but when the Crafter AWD option is 4.5k and then 1.1k for the diff lock option and hill decent. It seems overpriced

It seems high when I compare it to the VW, as they are both similar AWD units.

mcguyver

It is overpriced. If I were buying new I would be going crafter. If nothing else for the option of the diff lock.

Ed463

I really like our Sprinter but unfortunately I agree.
Compared to the VW it's an older design (from what I can see the 2019 Sprinter is a facelift rather than new, the interior looks horrific) and over priced.
Talking in GBP's a 4x4 Sprinter is around £52k. A Crafter about £45k. But we also get the MAN, better spec. over it's VW clone but around £41k:clapping:

Attachments

Wyuna

It is overpriced. If I were buying new I would be going crafter. If nothing else for the option of the diff lock.
Hey Guy,

Hope u are enjoying your sprinter and everything is working as it should.

We have come to the conclusion that 4motion MWB high roof 3.88t Crafter is the way forward for us, as they now have a 5 year warranty and I get fleet pricing with VW, so that is a bonus.

With the extra savings, I’ll put the Seikel suspension in, quite happy with the Seikel suspension in the current camper.

mcguyver

Hi mate. How’s your trip going?

great decision going for a crafter although that little t6 of yours is a cracker.

Ours is back up at Phil’s getting some issues sorted.
Was in for. A service last week and Milos the Sprinter guru pointed out some pretty ordinary handiwork.

Hopefully back early next week then in for a new stereo, then we are off to the Whitsundays for a week.

Wyuna

Yeah the trip has been great so far, heading up to the snow today,

the diesel heater I fitted has been worth it’s weight in gold, since we left Brisbane we have only had one night that wasn’t in the minus.

Hope u get those issues sorted before your trip, I’ve had to sort a few things on the road, it’s a lot easier in a workshop.

The T6 has been great, I really enjoy driving it and it handles well off-road, but just need a little more headroom for my wife and a little more space in the future.

The current plan, once we finish this trip, work hard for 3-4 years, build the new van and then head to Europe for a year.

Enjoy your trip up north, it’ll be a good test for the van, and even more enjoyable with a good stereo.

asimba2

ourkaravan.com
If any one was wondering, I got a quote back today regarding AWD for the new sprinter.

We are looking at 13.5k AUD for the option, it’s cheaper than the old 4X4 option, but when the Crafter AWD option is 4.5k and then 1.1k for the diff lock option and hill decent. It seems overpriced

It seems high when I compare it to the VW, as they are both similar AWD units.
Yup. 4WD option on a 2019 Toyota 4Runner is $1,070. The "priviledge" of sending up to 35% power to the Sprinter's front wheels costs $7,500 on paper, but the unwillingness for dealers to offer a good deal on 4WDs (due to demand), brings the actual price to almost double that. :idunno:

VanGoSki

Yup. 4WD option on a 2019 Toyota 4Runner is $1,070. The "priviledge" of sending up to 35% power to the Sprinter's front wheels costs $7,500 on paper, but the unwillingness for dealers to offer a good deal on 4WDs (due to demand), brings the actual price to almost double that. :idunno:
A 2019 4Runner TRD Pro is $70K here in San Jose, and you can't even sleep in the back. That's more than I'm paying for my fully loaded 4x4 Sprinter Cargo van. You cannot compare the two. They are different tools for different purposes.

mcguyver

Wyuna
Not sure if Yuo have seen this. Commentary is horrible though.

https://youtu.be/G5udBxgcNqA

I think the Crafter is the better choice by far now.

As you said Seikal suspension and wheels tyres is all it needs.

Centre and rear diff lock is a huge plus.

Last edited:

Wyuna

Thanks for the link Guy,

Interesting review, I’m almost certain to go with the Crafter, the dash is almost the same as my T6, and I have the same Seats in my van.

I’m quite happy with my T6 and Seikel lift, the new Crafter has a slightly different version of the engine I have, plenty of power.

Just some more space would be nice.

vik351

So whats the clan say as for a motor home, three seats in the front stuff that walk through set up out without big head watsanames :bash:

Just how bad are the new 2019 AWD sprinters ...???

I want the 7 meter job for a motorhome fit out and just drive down the odd muddy track next to the Murray River, or down the coast for a spot of fishing, no rock hopping to scrape the guts out of it

The Polski east west donk = ??? makes ya wonder...

Looks like ya want the "Ban the Bomb " emblem , you gotsta pay...!!! what do ya do ...???

vik... :idunno:

Ed463

I was talking to a friend yesterday who is working on a Crafter 4Motion. He said "I know you've got the hots for one....:laughing:" but.
He was seriously unimpressed.
Panel thickness so thin you can dent it with your finger. I know that's subjective. But this isn't.
The adhesive bonding the outer panels to the reinforcing struts had failed in numerous locations:idunno:
Again, subjective, but he didn't rate the quality in general.
Progress:lol:

Ed463

Thats intersting ED. Any more details
Not really. It's been fitted out as a race support vehicle intended for Africa. I'm being deliberately vague :thumbup: you never know who's reading this stuff!
He knows his stuff, travelled/lived in Africa. Worked on unimogs, G Wagen etc.
It sounds like (no surprises) it's been built down to a price. Weight/cost removed wherever possible.
I've got a VW Crafter (the Merc clone) to convert to a camper and sell.
Depending on what I get for it I may then seriously look at the MAN:thumbup:

Wyuna

Been travelling through central Aus, so I’m a little late reading this post, interesting about the panel thickness and the bonding issues, I wonder what the engine is like as well.

Vw have been having issues for a while with there Bi turbos, and needing engine replacements due to a egr issue.

It looks like my vw engine is heading that way, been doing oil testing before services since I got it new and the readings aren’t that great.

Will need another service before the warranty ends, so it’ll be interesting to see how bad it is

Top Bottom