DEOXIT

• Thread starter Deleted member 50714
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 50714

This stuff works great and fixed:

4 gate opener remotes (Faulty button contacts).

2 flashlights, one being Big Larry who decided to hide in the engine compartment for 6-months, batteries totally corroded.

Battery operated pepper and salt grinder. The pepper grinder had a parasitic drain as a result of corrosion.

The salt grinder button wouldn't work. So, I dripped a drop of this stuff around the switch, tapped it gently a few times, and voilĂ , fixed!

Attachments

HighPockets

I use it myself. My understanding is that it was originally developed for the electronics industry. Any connection I have apart gets a dose.

Gene

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182
Is the use of DEOXIT ok for multi pin plugs such as the transmission 13 pin plug or OBD port. ..Asking- with its use is it conductive, can micro voltage cross over from pin to pin?

Last edited:

rontaki

Is the use of DEOXIT ok for multi pin plugs such as the transmission 13 pin plug or OBD port. ..Asking- with its use is it conductive, can micro voltage cross over from pin to pin?
Yes, DEOXIT is fine to use on small, low-voltage connectors. It does not conduct electricity itself, but makes for better connections. I've had only good results when using it on those type of connectors.

To be sure, read up on DEOXIT on the manufacturer's site, https://caig.com/, to determine if it is OK to use in your situation.

Top Bottom