Rear Door Corner Trim

96r50

Hey H2, what I did was find a passenger van (high roof for you) online and get the VIN#, call your local MB dealer, give them that number and ask them to look up the rear door corner trim pieces. You will also need the little plastic fasteners that hold the panels on.

Hope this helped

Would you mind posting a photo of the 12v socket hole in the passenger side pillar? If you could measure the diameter as well I’d really appreciate it. I’m debating ordering the OEM socketor trying to use an aftermarket one with Anderson connectors and it’s mainly down to the hole size to determine ease of install.

H2oboxer

Looked on mercedespartshub.com but could not find the part number on the site. Can anyone provide a link to a site with the part number so I can order the parts and the install clips.
Thanks

Thanks 96r50, I know what your talking about from but there are no flapper valves just open holes where taillight wiring goes thru and some just empty holes. I figure with the upfit companies installing insulation in that area and then completely covering the pillar with their custom interior panels I should be ok.

I am familiar with the "flapper valve" as a lot of new trucks, cars etc have this to release interior pressure when closing vehicle doors.
The flapper valves are not visible. They are down somewhere behind the rear bumper I think.

Hey Gardenerbob those are just the factory rear door grab handles that came with our van, I painted them orange to add a little bling. I believe you can purchase them from some sites like Sprinterworld for around $20 each.
Did the grab handles come mounted like that or did you change them? I am just curious. I have factory handles on mine and they are mounted differently.

IMG_7026.JPG

mcouper

Here are a couple pictures (front and back sides) of the 12v socket hole. Looks to be about an 1.1 inch in diameter with a flat edge on a portion of the diameter. The hole is a bit smaller than the diameter of the Blue Seas 12v socket I believe.

Regarding the grab handles my 2016 Crew van came with the handles with the 90 degree bend.

Attachments

Interesting. My 2017 cargo has the grab handles without the 90 degree bend. I wonder if it is a 16 vs 17 or a crew vs cargo change.

mtbkers

For anyone ordering the trim pieces, don't forget to order the trim clips (they don't come with the trim). Sprinter2017 very kindly hunted down the part number for me (you'll need 5 for each side).

000-991-56-40-7J69 Spacer Tub

Rowlrag

I just ordered both pillar covers and 10 clips from pelican parts online. Never ordered from them before, searched the part numbers on there site and all came up, will follow up when recieved. Total for 2 covers and 10 clips $157 free shipping. Probly be atleast a week

Rowlrag

The corner trim which is labeled "panelling" came today from Pelicanparts.com
They are Mercedes parts, there is a 12volt socket hole in each side which is nice.
I ordered the trim and 10 clips which are called spacer tubes from pelican
I found the 10 clips for the backside on ebay. $187.50 for all parts

Part numbers again:

000-991-56-40-7J69 spacer tube quanity 10 (pelicanparts)
906-69-2-0001-7J69 panelling left side (pelicanparts)
906-69-2-0101-7J69 panelling right side (pelicanparts)
001-991-76-70 clips ebay (www.factorymoparparts.com)

H2oboxer

Thanks for the part numbers. Just installed in my van. They look great. Can’t wait to put the ceiling panels on.

smurph

My 2013 has the same bars that Julie777 showed on page 3. While they're more out of the way, they are harder to reach. I like that bend and may have to look for some newer ones. Cheers!

Munmile

My 2013 has the same bars that Julie777 showed on page 3. While they're more out of the way, they are harder to reach. I like that bend and may have to look for some newer ones. Cheers!

FYI, The grab bars I used when finishing out my rear pillar trim are these,

https://www.sprinterworld.com/grabhandles.html

In order to determine the correct locations for the grab handle mounting holes in the trim,
I screwed M8x1.25 cone point socket head set screws into both handle mounting locations such that the cone points faced the van interior.

After mounting and de-mounting the trim while adjusting the depth of the set screws to a height that is just touching the inside of the trim, I then gave a hard push with my hand marking the trim. Removing the trim, I drilled it with a unibit to the OD size of separately purchased unthreaded aluminum spacers at the marked locations and used the two unthreaded aluminum spacers to space the handle out so the trim would not be crushed by the handle flanges.

Longer handle mounting bolts were used instead of the ones supplied by sprinter world to attach the grab handle, I think they were M8x1.25 x 35mm. After mounting the trim with all the clips and push-in fasteners, the spacers and handles were installed and tightened.

cheers
Munmile

Nightpanda

2016 4x4 144 premie
Interesting. My 2017 cargo has the grab handles without the 90 degree bend. I wonder if it is a 16 vs 17 or a crew vs cargo change.

I believe the crew and passenger vans have the 90 deg bend (easier for passengers entering). Our cargo van came with the straight handle. By design, it would be more functional for a cargo van handle to be streamlined and out of the way for loading/unloading. I would certainly appreciate the 90deg bend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LoneSprinter

Nice job, looks great. I was wondering if you did the headliner as well as the side panel trim or did your van come with a headliner? I'm have a 144 high roof cargo (no interior trim) I'm converting it to an RV. I was thinking of using ABS plastic sheeting for the interior trim but I'm having trouble finding a source in grey all I can find is Black or White.

Nuck16

2014 OM651 170 2WD
The corner trim which is labeled "panelling" came today from Pelicanparts.com
They are Mercedes parts, there is a 12volt socket hole in each side which is nice.
I ordered the trim and 10 clips which are called spacer tubes from pelican
I found the 10 clips for the backside on ebay. $187.50 for all parts

Part numbers again:

000-991-56-40-7J69 spacer tube quanity 10 (pelicanparts)
906-69-2-0001-7J69 panelling left side (pelicanparts)
906-69-2-0101-7J69 panelling right side (pelicanparts)
001-991-76-70 clips ebay (www.factorymoparparts.com)
I have a 2014 170wb sprinter. I ordered only the left side piece as they were out of stock on the right one. The piece doesn't fit however. The 12v socket hole doesn't line up for example. Which year is your van?

Top Bottom