Rear shock absorber recommendation....

richardc3

I'm ready to replace rear shocks on my '06 RS Adventurous and leaning towards Bilstein 24-177702, but would like to know of any other preferences out there.

edfrompa

2008 ROADTREK on F/L 2500
OEM works fine for me. Bought mine used at 29K---probably original shocks and struts---rode fine once I added the Michelins. Noticed stability issues at 65K so did OEM shocks and struts---improvement was noticeable. Still cool at 110K. FYI, I'm probably near max gross most of the time but almost never over....we tow a small lightweight trailer for the biking, fishing, kayaking, snorkel beach vacations.
I tend to think of it as a three parter --- shocks/struts, tires and alignment---makes driving a true joy.
Best of luck//Ed

installed Koni on mine. It was like night and day. Wind gusts and truck gusts were improved drastically. Mine original were 6 years old but only had 15,000 miles when i replaced.

did front and rear.

Gary J.

Appreciate the link. I just went out and tried your push pull test. Was not able to directly measure but got a relatively good idea. When I pushed behind the front door pillar I got almost no rock. when I pushed on the rear quarter panel area I would say somewhere in your range of an 1" and a 1/2. My unit is the smaller wheelbase and was empty. But not too bad, I think with the Koni's.

Maybe install that heavy duty rear sway bar one day.

krisinak

i installed bilstein #EPN: 24-167161 intended for motorhome use on my 05 2500. good results compared to oem shocks at 50k miles i would have gone with fox/agile if cost was not an issue.

Kiltym

i installed bilstein #EPN: 24-167161 intended for motorhome use on my 05 2500. good results compared to oem shocks at 50k miles i would have gone with fox/agile if cost was not an issue.
Contacted krisinak and they installed 24-177702 on their 05 2500 in the rear.

Just wanted to correct for future readers doing research into shocks.

eslmooney

I believe I need shocks, do not know what would be the write one to buy. My 2006 roadtrek sprinter is about 8000 pounds has 120,000 miles 96,000 on it when got it four years ago, there is quite a bit sway on uneven roads. The tires look grate track straight down the road. Maybe sway bar struts tie rod ends.

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182

jvvjvv

2008 V6 Dodge 2500 Agile
40K on the older fox shocks.............tons better than OEM’s.........great people to work with too!

Top Bottom