Galley forward vs galley aft

147JK

Hi, I've started shopping for an MB Cruiser and am wondering about the 2 floor plans offered - one with the galley forward (221, 223) and the other with the galley aft (222).

Can anyone speak to the advantages and disadvantages of the 2 arrangements? Which arrangement is the most popular and why?

Thanks in advance.

Caskyle

Good morning....

We (the M.R.S.) and I just bought our 2004 MB Cruiser last weekend and have the Galley forward. We think the forward version is preferred based on how we plan to use our MB.

That is...touring for extended periods (several months at a time). Stoping often, for small town exploring, for shopping, for fuel, for supplies, for a one night camp and then on the road again the next day all add up to needing to come and go through the full length of your unit more often and that is easier with the galley forward.

More later.... Just realized how late it is. Will continue in the AM.
Regards, Cas & Kyle

mbcruiser

05 Sprinter/06 MB Cruiser
I see this is an old post, but for whatever it's worth --

I've got the 2006 FR 221 floor plan with the galley in the back.... much preferred and what sold me because it provides 270 degree views out the windows. Skylights over the shower (used only in a deep bind) and one over the center aisle with opening for air flow. A power fan is also at the rear.
This wiki link offers the various layouts. Mine is the silver one pictured on the right side from the second one on down in this link:
https://sprinter-source.com/wiki/index.php/MB_Cruiser

I've had mine since day one, and now have 145k miles... still loving it and it keeps on rolling.

147JK

mbcruiser - Yes I prefer the galley-aft floor plan as well. Only problem is I can't find any for sale! If you happen to see one, please email me. Thank You

mbcruiser

05 Sprinter/06 MB Cruiser
147JK:

Forest River only converted about 385 in 2005 (FedEx apparently bought out the bulk of the Sprinters from MBenz that year hence limiting the supply) so I suspect they're in rare numbers.

Last year I came across a 2004 that just happened by and we compared notes. Some improvements by FR in newer version, but similar mostly. Very rarely do I see one on the road (usually going the other way).

I'd be curious myself as to how many may still be out there traveling the country.:2cents:

Top Bottom