2001 313 - turn the key and nothing... EDC on

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
I thought all T1Ns had chip keys. If you look behind your cluster there will be a small box (SKREEM) if you have transponder/chip ignition. There is also a antenna ring around the ignition assembly.

If you look on your key body, there will typically be a small slot with a little tray in it. Its about 2.5x2.5mm square. Inside will be something similar to a glass grain or rice or small capsule. This is the transponder chip.

See photos here.

https://www.uhs-hardware.com/produc...q4OqMGbZaYp4fwWYZdk8clq9aL-5PVYgaArgVEALw_wcB

If you have chip ignition, you will need a ECM reprogrammed to match your SKREEM. Otherwise you need the SKREEM/ECM pair from the donor. Ideally the chip from the donors key can be moved to your key. Otherwise you need to pay someone with the subscription and tools to reprogram your keys to match the donor skreem.

ale_ray

2001 313 KA 4X4 3550
Interesting.
That does look like my key and I do have the transponder ring.

I was told if the ECM was identical in part numbers it would be fine. Does this sound right?

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
It will need programmed for your skreem. Very few can do this.

Otherwise you need that matched skreem, then you just get the keys programmed. Any dealer can do that.

To confirm that you have transponder keys, pop the small tray out of your key body. If there is a chip inside of it that is a confirmation.

ale_ray

2001 313 KA 4X4 3550
How does that little flap open?
Mine seems pretty shut. I've ha d a tentative poke at it.
If I dig it out will I damage it?

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
I used a needle on mine. There is a small indent on the outer side where you can lever it. The chip is actually floating inside the plastic tray, so if you are careful it will be fine.

Some locksmiths have a machine that will check if the key has a transponder.

NORTON

I had 2001 313 motorhome and it had the plain looking key with a chip, yours should be the same with the skreem security module, the ecu will have to be programmed to suit, if it's possible don't go to MB dealership as they will empty your wallet plus more
The 4cyl 611 and the 5 cyl 612 are based on the same motor and have the same bore and stroke,so share a lot of the same parts apart from the obvious so some of the information about the 612 is the same
There is an overview on both in the Sprinterwiki in the blue bar at the top of the forum
For information on your vehicles build data go to. https://www.lastvin.com

ale_ray

2001 313 KA 4X4 3550
Thanks Folks. I'll have a look behind the dash for the SKREEM. Can't get the key flap open.
Waiting on a couple of folk coming back with parts availability.
Apparently there is a mob in the USA that can delete the immobilizer function from the ECM.

ale_ray

2001 313 KA 4X4 3550
Evening folks,

Got a mob in Melbourne to reprogram an second hand ecm for me. Plugged it in and off too the races.
Van had sat for 4 years and turned over and started after a bit of cranking. Now fires up easily.

Continuing to go through the various bits, checking oils and the like.

One point I was not sure about is the fuel line that goes to the top of the LP pump has popped off twice while idling.
What is that while clip called and does it go in or out to be locked? I've got a few that have been jerry rigged, but will be replaced soon, but none un modified as a reference.

Thanks

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
Those are called Voss connectors. Double check the position. If I remember correctly, you pull the tab out to lock, and push in to release?

Banjo48

I damaged one of the plastic fuel lines when I changed my fuel filter, got a new one and fitted then it popped off again, yes I had the clip wrong duh !

Those clips are very fragile when aged and the new short pipe I bought was $49 !!

Top Bottom