Sprinter ECU tuning

dynotronics1

Don't want to cause any trouble here in the forums, but we posted a little note about our new remote ECU tuning service for the Sprinter 1(2000-2006) and the Sprinter 2 (2006.5-2017) on Facebook the other day and got hammered with requests for information.

So, IF you guys have an interest, AND its ok with the forum mod, I will be happy to let you folks know what is available to safely increase the output of your 2.7, or 3.0 CDI engines

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
Yes, do post all your info on what options are available at what cost, so we'll all know and not inundate you with questions.
What is technically affected , what results are measured etc ? Thanks

Nate.evans

Just got off the phone with them. It is Dynatronics in Texas.

Really helpful guys over the phone. Going to place an order shortly.

From what the guy over the phone told me, there has been a bunch of people calling about the sprinter services just today. He said he never realized there was as big a domestic market as there was as many of the customers are from Australia and the Middle East.

They send out the unit with instructions and you read the file from the OBD port. You connect to the PC, send it to them and with a few hours they send you your remapped ECU file. Hook it back up and write. Lifetime support so if something isn’t running right you repeat until it is. He said typically it’s a one and done thing as they’ve tuned enough sprinters to have a good stack. Pricing is listed on the website, but it comes to $625 for everything to be deleted (EGR, swirl valves, DPF, DEf)

dynotronics1

Ok, since there seems to be an interest, AND the moderator has not voiced the opinion that this is an issue, I will post a link to both the Sprinter 1 and Sprinter 2 (2000-2006, and 2006.5-2017) IFlash tuners on our webstore. I think all of your questions should be answered there, but if not, let me know and I will try to get them answered for you asap!

http://dynotronicstuning.3dcartstores.com/IFLASH-SPRINTER-2_p_280.html

http://dynotronicstuning.3dcartstores.com/IFLASH-SPRINTER-1_p_214.html

We did get a ton of calls the last few days, and many of them went to voicemail. I am trying to work through them today, if you happen to be one of the nice folks that called and did not get to speak to one of us.

lindenengineering

Well, if its "fixed" (EGR position ) wrongly by tune --then what's left of the existing ECM programming (depending upon the skill of the tuner) may under certain conditions cause the turbo boost controller to overcompensate and give the engine an over boost condition!
Then it causes a sudden limp mode shut down.to protect the engine --Just when you are asking for max power on the highway.
I have seen two like this.
One went to a dealer hoping they could do something & they gave it the sign of the Dracula but that cost him $200 for the Dracula signage . We had to take remedial action to correct that issue=$$$$$$--I love this stuff! So does my bank manager!

The other client took it away for yet another TUNE!
We are with baited breath to give him the $$$$ wallet flush treatment !

You could say the first one was a ex Fritolay van--Seems like he got fried & "laid twice" with this rig.

Just be careful and as usual my blessing my son!
I'm enjoying this!:thumbup::lol:
Dennis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqXZ9YoRD50

Last edited:
Ok, since there seems to be an interest, AND the moderator has not voiced the opinion that this is an issue, I will post a link to both the Sprinter 1 and Sprinter 2 (2000-2006, and 2006.5-2017) IFlash tuners on our webstore. I think all of your questions should be answered there, but if not, let me know and I will try to get them answered for you asap!

http://dynotronicstuning.3dcartstores.com/IFLASH-SPRINTER-2_p_280.html

http://dynotronicstuning.3dcartstores.com/IFLASH-SPRINTER-1_p_214.html

We did get a ton of calls the last few days, and many of them went to voicemail. I am trying to work through them today, if you happen to be one of the nice folks that called and did not get to speak to one of us.
This is interesting in that the newer Sprinters 2016 maybe even earlier have needed to be bench flashed. This is the first tune via hand held flasher through OBD II port I've seen that seems to have broken to code on the newer ECU's. Can you explain that this is indeed the case. Thanks

Nate.evans

Just placed my order....should arrive in a few days. I’ll give feedback of when it arrives. Excited to get everything deleted.

A nice thing is you have the handheld Alientech unit, your original file as well as the new tune file. Also, if you want to purchase new tunes in the future they’re significantly cheaper.

Last edited:

Pharkas

2020 Passenger 4x4 144
This ecu tuning is new too me. Can I have this done to my NY vehicle or will it not pass emission inspection?

Owain@

Just a heads up, the newer powergate 3s often don't read ECU files on the 2.7Ls, particularly earlier rigs. We've sent alientech a few files and ECU data, they'll probably have this updated within a couple of months and then you'll be good to go there. No harm in trying and sending them logs though.

Only newer CP57 and C66 ECUs are supported via OBD at the moment and it's still pretty fresh, but they're working on sorting out the lot, so most 2010+ should still be bench flashed. ksuite 3.28 was added feb 22nd https://www.alientech-news.com/en/k...g-kfoGA90a58-AGw2GJ_5grwmqvX9WrrDY0vrwyHEnVoY and trickle down to handheld tools is usually a month or two. Hopefully these tools will cover the whole range in the future.

Cheers,

Owain

Last edited:
AllenTech does not mention the 2013-2018 Mercedes Sprinter 3.0 OM642 with EDC17CP46 ECU which many of us have. Dynotronics does not specifically call out the OM642 with EDC17CP46 ECU just infers IF-SPT 2006.5-2017-PS-3.0. It would be nice if Dynotronics lists the specific ECU's they can tune so it's very clear their OBDII port tune will work on these vehicles.

zither99

Currently no EDC17s (DEF equip models) are supported by this tool, we use the same tooling at Malone.
I was gonna say, this tool looks just like what Malone Tuning uses. I had malone do our 2014 VW Touareg TDI. I always hope there would be a tune for the Sprinter....

dynotronics1

I was gonna say, this tool looks just like what Malone Tuning uses. I had malone do our 2014 VW Touareg TDI. I always hope there would be a tune for the Sprinter....
Actually, the picture of the tool ( device ) is somewhat generic, as we use two different handhelds for the Mercedes, and several other EU based platforms.

We can currently remotely tune the EDC 17 cp46 and cp57 with our IFlash 2, as well as all of the EDC 16 with both V 1 and V2. In fact we just sent a file out to a customer in WA for a 519 3.0 CDI yesterday with a EDC17. The earlier CP10 is NOT remote read/write as of yet( and may never be), but we wait and hope.

IF you happen to purchase a handheld from us, and you happen to have an ECU we cannot remotely program, two things will happen;

1. we will promptly issue a full refund, and an RMA for the device, and
2. we will happily offer to bench flash your ecu here at our offices for a very reduced price for your trouble.

The simple fact is, we can reflash almost any ECU, or TCM used in modern electronic control vehicles, but some vehicles are a bit tough to do remotely. This is likely one of the reasons there are so few companies doing remote tuning on the Sprinter right now. You guys deserve the option, and we are doing our best to get it out there.

Nate.evans

I got the shipping notification saying mine shipped as well as the instructions in a separate email. Looking forward to seeing how the process goes.

Brad75

2013 NCV3
this is all new to me. can somebody give me the quick version of the benefits of tuning a Sprinter? i have a 2013 with about 90k miles.

thanks,

Top Bottom