List of Compatible Rear Shocks

barnis

Hi guys,

I'm aware of several lengthy threads discussing various suspension upgrade options, however I have a more basic question.

Whats the factory part number for 4x4 rear shocks?
Are there any off the shelf shocks that will suffice as replacements?

I am currently in southern Chile with two busted shocks and just need something to get me rolling again. The original shocks were swapped for incompatible ones and thus they broke off on some rough roads.

Thanks

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
you can measure the length between the eyes (both extended and collapsed) and might be able to find shocks of the same length that can work..
at least you’d have shocks if unable to find Sprinter specific ones...

Last edited:

Vanagaudi

I'm just looking for some rear 4x4 shocks. Factory part number for 4x4 shock absorbers:

A 906 320 13 31 only up to FIN S730762 (09/14/2012)
A 906 320 14 31 replaces A 906 320 13 31

But there are also some Koni available on Koni part number 88-1826

SprinterMechanic

The T1N Parts Barn
I'm just looking for some rear 4x4 shocks. Factory part number for 4x4 shock absorbers:

A 906 320 13 31 only up to FIN S730762 (09/14/2012)
A 906 320 14 31 replaces A 906 320 13 31

But there are also some Koni available on Koni part number 88-1826
Yes Koni has sent us (The Sprinter Store) the first batch of shocks
so we have those 88-1826 in stock
, the struts are only a few weeks away, 87-2661

We prototype tested and worked with Koni in getting these going.
So we (SprinterStore dot com) will have them first, and a while before the rest according to our agreement with Koni :)

These are for 2500's the 3500 are yet to be tested.

Ed463

Yes Koni has sent us (The Sprinter Store) the first batch of shocks
so we have those 88-1826 in stock
, the struts are only a few weeks away, 87-2661

We prototype tested and worked with Koni in getting these going.
So we (SprinterStore dot com) will have them first, and a while before the rest according to our agreement with Koni :)

These are for 2500's the 3500 are yet to be tested.
They have been available here for a while but I've yet to hear from anyone who has fitted them. I'd be very interested in any real world reviews. I have about 30k miles on the standard Merc shocks and they're pretty disappointing:idunno:
Especially the side to side excessive sway when you cross any sort of lump in the road. Off road this is extreme:bash:
As for corrugated tracks:censored:

Ed463

Fox, see van compass for the front add a shock kit. Massive difference.
I'm thinking that's the route I'll take. It's just after shipping and import duty they're pretty pricey:hmmm:
But "buy cheap, buy twice" I guess. Not that the Koni's are cheap but without someone giving me an informed opinion they're a gamble.

Speyer

I would be interested in hearing a few more options out there!? due to budgetary and time constraints... I am considering adding sumo springs to from ant rear and swapping out the OEM shocks for something better. The Vancompass kits look great but not an option for me at the moment.

Any suggestions?

Desertbound

I would be interested in hearing a few more options out there!? due to budgetary and time constraints... I am considering adding sumo springs to from ant rear and swapping out the OEM shocks for something better. The Vancompass kits look great but not an option for me at the moment.

Any suggestions?
Start with just the rear shocks. Last pair of shocks you'll have to buy for your van.

https://vancompass.com/collections/...ar-sprinter-4x4-2015-pair?variant=19355311491

Add the front kit later when time and funds allow. Just the rears will make a massive difference. Get us an accurate weight on your van and we'll tune them specific to your build.

-Rob

Speyer

Thx for the reply. Not a bad idea... I’m really just trying to improve everyday driving comfort... minimize rock/sway. I use my 2018 high roof 144 crew for work mostly and my upfit is slow going. That said I expect my final tare weight to be 7500lbs max without a load. Then, I drive with anywhere between 500-1500lbs of tools or gear in the back depending. I’m going to guess that’s pretty lightweight compared to most? Anyhow... looking like these rear shocks and sumos will be the ticket... and maybe do the front down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speyer

Is there a good replacement front strut that exists though? Something that isn’t an add-on? I just don’t see myself needing anything really demanding- worst thing I’d ever encounter would be some washboard or a mean speed bump! Lol

What’s the story on these Koni FSD struts coming out? Part# 87-2661 I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom